GDPR and Legal Compliance Manager | Triumph Motorcycles Group Limited | UK's Largest Motorcycle Manufacturer | Hinckley, Leicestershire | Competitive Salary & Benefits
The UK's largest motorcycle manufacturer, Triumph Motorcycles Group Limited, is seeking a GDPR and Legal Compliance Manager to join its legal team in Hinckley, Leicestershire.
Triumph Motorcycles Group Limited is the UK's largest motorcycle manufacturer building over 67,000 bikes per year. At its core, it manufactures and sells innovative and iconic motorcycles, related parts, accessories and clothing merchandise in more than 57 countries across the world.
The Group currently employ over 2,000 people worldwide and has subsidiary operations and independent distributors throughout the UK, North America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Scandinavia, Brazil, India and Thailand. It has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand.
As well as adding to its motorcycle range with the likes of The Rocket III, it has also recently entered into a joint venture in India which will help to vastly expand on its current markets.
The Group is very excited about the future and is committed to delivering its long term vision through investment in the Company's people, facilities and products to ensure the success of the brand.
The Role - GPDR and Legal Compliance Manager
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be expected to:
· Drive, develop and take ownership of the Group's GDPR compliance programmes, policies and procedures, particularly its data protection controls framework, data inventory, processes for internal auditing, reporting of required actions and the management of complaints and remediation;
· Lead the development and implementation of wider regulatory compliance areas including anti-bribery and corruption, modern slavery, competition law and consumer protection;
· Maintain and develop the Group's existing risk management framework and effectively manage business risk, aligning to its strategy and objectives, and appropriate to its activities;
· Develop and deliver training and workshops to the wider business on all compliance matters;
· Monitor compliance, governance and external environment to ensure the Group is prepared for legislative change; and
· To undertake and assist with projects as required by the Chief Financial Officer.
The ideal candidate for the position of GDPR and Legal Compliance
· Be educated to at least degree level or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g. information governance, law, corporate governance, regulatory compliance or risk management) and/or hold a recognised professional qualification in one or more relevant areas of technical specialism (eg. Data protection or data governance; Practitioner in Data Protection (PCdp); Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E); Auditing; Project Management; Legal Practice Course);
· Have a strong track record in a legal, compliance or risk management role, ideally within the automotive or consumer product manufacturing sectors;
· Possess strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage tight timescales and competing priorities;
· Have strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly identify and present key issues concisely;
· Be a highly motivated, results oriented professional who is comfortable taking a commercially pragmatic and risk based approach in a fast paced environment;
· Be resilient and flexible regarding work routine (i.e. be able to work on a wide range of projects with frequent interruptions but progress projects in a timely manner);
· Have the resilience and interpersonal skills to advise and influence people at all levels of the business;
· Be committed to developing and embedding best practice, innovation and continuous improvement;
· Have excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to relay complex technical information in a simple manner to personnel at all levels of the business; and
· be a team player with a can-do, solution driven attitude.
A competitive base salary (up to £65k subject to experience) with strong benefits including pension, death-in-service scheme and a generous retail discount on Triumph motorcyles and merchandise.