- Job Search
- Senior Construction Associate - UK Top 50 Firm - London
Contentious Construction Senior Associate - UK Top 50 firm - London
BCL Legal have been instructed by a UK Top 50 firm who are seeking a Contentious Construction Senior Associate to join their reputable team.
You will be a senior member of the team and will be advising businesses, institutions and high net worth individuals both domestically and internationally.
This particular firm prides itself on its supportive and inclusive culture where individuals are valued and encouraged. They are a flexible firm that has embraced hybrid working with colleagues enjoying a mix of home and office working.
Applications are welcomed from people looking for flexible, agile and part time roles and the firm are happy to explore preferred working patterns.
The teams construction lawyers are experienced in dealing with both contentious and non contentious construction matters although this role specifically will be dealing with contentious matters.
The team act for both public and private sector clients including higher education colleges, academies, local authorities and NHS Trusts, funders, developers, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants.
The team currently come from a range of backgrounds, including major City practices and national and regional firms. The depth and range of expertise means the team can work together in major and complex transactions and provide a sector based offering for all its clients.
There is a strong team ethos which also means there is support and opportunity across the spectrum, ensuring pastoral support at all levels, mentoring, regular communication and a clear route for advancement.
The team has a buoyant and busy construction disputes practice, acting for a wide range of clients in relation to litigation, arbitration, adjudication and all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Development is actively encouraged, with a regular dialogue between individuals and supervisors to discuss career goals and aspirations.
- Solid understanding of construction matters
- The ability to think commercially and analytically
- An interest in business development
- Candidates with a specialist contentious or 'combined' skill set will be considered. Candidates with general Commercial Litigation experience who are looking to specialise in Construction and Engineering will be considered.
- Ideally 5+PQE from a strong regional, national or City Firm
- Knowledge of the main standard form construction contracts, in particular JCT and/or NEC.
- Experience of Adjudication, Litigation and/or Arbitration.
- Knowledge of methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- A competetive salary
- Agile working policy
- Clear and transparent path to development and promotion
- Life Assurance 4x salary
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Subsidised gym membership
- Electric car scheme
- 5% employer / 5% employee pension scheme
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to join a successful team in a growing firm which enjoys an enviable reputation and can offer excellent career prospects.
To be considered for this Construction Senior Associate vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Sarah Bailey at BCL Legal for further information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like