4th September 2023
Housing Management Solicitor - Chorley
An excellent opportunity has arisen at a UK-Top 100 firm for a Solicitor to join one of the largest housing practices in the country. This will be a key appointment for the firm, with the successful candidate taking a lead on the delivery of non-contentious housing management services.
This is a leading national firm with a strong reputation across all disciplines. This housing team is a national practice, but the position will be based in the firm's Chorley office. They have an excellent track record of delivering high quality advice nationally and growth is set to continue, with a number of major tender wins to add to an already stellar client base across the country.
In addition to a supportive and inclusive employer the newly appointed Housing Management Solicitor will benefit from:
· A competitive starting salary + comprehensive benefits package
· Bonus scheme
· Flexible/Agile Working
· Private healthcare
· Access to the firms in-house training academy providing great opportunities for personal and professional development
· The opportunity to work for a firm that places the professional and personal wellbeing of its employees at the forefront of everything.
· The chance to work for a firm that is accredited by the best companies to work for registration programme.
Drafting, reviewing and amending tenancies, licences and other forms of occupancy agreements to ensure they comply with all regulatory and legal requirements and are written in plain English for a range of clients including registered providers, local authorities, charities, NHS bodies, higher education institutions, care home providers and private landlords.
Drafting and reviewing management agreements, nominations agreements and service level agreements
Providing comprehensive Advice on rent reviews, rent policy and rent controls
Advising on local housing allowances and recovery of rent and service charges
Advising on service charges including section 20, consultation and procurement
Offering Advice on homelessness law, policy and regulation
Providing support to the governance team on tenanted stock matters (e.g. due diligence in relation to tenancy agreements and policies and advising on the consequences of transactions on residents, including consultation and notification requirements)
Supporting the wider property team on residential tenanted stock matters, for example: portfolio acquisitions, disposals, or security charging projects
Dealing with technical queries relating to the application of right to buy, preserved right to buy and right to acquire
Providing an elevated level of strategic advice on current and emerging housing law, regulation and policy
· 2+ PQE
· Ability to demonstrate a real interest in the social housing sector
· Previous experience either in house/local government or in private practice
· Experience of advising social landlords on non-contentious housing law
· Good technical understanding of current and emerging housing law, regulation and policy
· A passion for social housing and providing exceptional legal support to housing providers
· A keenness to work collaboratively
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer