- Job Search
- Corporate Solicitor
Corporate Solicitor, Leeds, Corporate Solicitor - 5PQE+ - excellent salary & benefits - great working culture
An excellent opportunity has arisen with this Legal 500 mid-tier firm that punches above its weight on the corporate commercial side, for an experienced corporate solicitor to join the four partner team.
The firm has been established for over 170 years and is a stalwart of the Yorkshire commercial community but is well-known for being forward-thinking and dynamic and has won awards for its innovative use of technology in helping to drive the business forward. This is one of those firms that punches above its weight and is highly rated in the Legal 500 for its corporate commercial practice. It also regularly wins awards for its equality & diversity practices.
· You will be acting on behalf of a wide range of owner-managed businesses, private equity houses, large local businesses and a number of plc clients across the full range of corporate transactional work.
· The corporate team is supported by a flourishing commercial team, as well as pensions, banking and insolvency lawyers.
· A new opportunity has arisen in the team for a senior solicitor who is looking for a broad mix of high quality corporate work in a supportive and friendly environment where salaries are commensurate with the top 6 but there is a far greater work-life balance.
· The role will involve a broad mix of corporate work including:
o Corporate finance
o Corporate advisory work
o Joint ventures
o Private equity
Who are they looking for?
· A corporate solicitor with experience of working on high calibre corporate transactions
· A desire to take on responsibility for their own clients and deals, within a supportive environment
· Applications are welcomed from any solicitors with upwards of five years' experience in corporate work gained within a national or regional practice, or indeed gained within the public sector or in-house.
· A good understanding of the local marketplace and some business development experience is also desirable as all members of the team are encouraged to get involved in this aspect of the business.
· Friendly team players who are adaptable with good commercial acumen.
What can they offer?
· Top tier remuneration package
· Sociable working environment within a down to earth but professional firm
· Top quality work
· A genuine opportunity to progress
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018