Opportunity for a commercial solicitor to join one of the strongest regional practices in Yorkshire in their very busy and growing team in Leeds.
The firm has a unique proposition in offering great quality work for often high profile national and regional clients, without initial personal targets or a long hours working culture. They are known for giving lawyers 'room to grow'.
· You will be working within the commercial team working with the Partner and Head of Department, who is a very experienced commercial lawyer with a wealth of commercial law experience and advises clients on a variety of commercial contracts and trading arrangements.
· The practice includes advising on agency, distribution, franchising, trading terms and service agreements, and advising on IT agreements including software development and licensing, support and maintenance agreements, hosted service arrangements and IT projects, acting for both IT providers and purchasers, together with some data protection, IP licensing and e-commerce and website compliance work, so whoever joins the team will gain exposure to a broad range of matters.
· The team deals with clients including PLCs and household name organisations through to small and medium sized enterprises across a range of industry sectors.
· The Head of Team has particular experience of the technology, manufacturing, service, leisure and retail sectors but the team also acts for clients in the charity and university sectors.
· The Head of Department is passionate about the team and dedicates a lot of time and energy into mentoring and supporting the more junior lawyers in the team. She sees every hire as a long term investment, so there is plenty of ongoing training and support wherever it is needed, whilst also allowing you to find your feet and run with matters.
· The team is populated with lawyers from International and national firms, many of whom were looking for something different in terms of culture, autonomy and work life balance. The firm is widely regarded as a lovely place to work and so those looking for step change without compromising on work quality are encouraged to apply.
The Successful Candidate
· You will be a junior commercial lawyer or a newly qualified solicitor or a solicitor with up to three years' PQE.
· Solid academics and a very strong grounding in pure commercial matters are key, gained either with a City, national or top regional practice. Very strong applications from in-house candidates from relevant sectors may also be considered.
· Excellent communication and client care skills.
· Solicitors with an eye for detail and the ability to prioritise own caseload and work to deadlines
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact Sean Cully on 0113 532 1977 for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.