- Job Search
- Public Law Solicitor (NQ-5)
BCL Legal is partnering with a top UK law firm in the recruitment of a Public Law solicitor to join their specialist team in Leeds.
You will be required to take responsibility for your own caseload as well as providing assistance to other lawyers in the team with the day to day administration of all aspect of claims against public organisations involving:
· Child Protection
· Community Care
· Court of Protection
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that is highly regarded in the industry and has grown steadily over the last few years. You will have the opportunity to have a high level of client contact both over the phone and in person and will join an ambitious and dedicated team.
· Responsibilities include taking instructions from and advising clients, undertaking legal research, preparing pleadings, witness statements, applications and bundles, liaising with experts, attending conferences with Counsel, clients and experts, obtaining evidence to support clients' cases, and prosecuting cases through to settlement meeting or trial, if necessary.
· They hold Legal Aid Agency contracts in public law and community care law and are also instructed by privately funded individuals, businesses, professional associations and institutions including national and local charities and other voluntary organisations.
· NQ to 5 years PQE
· Previous experience in any of the following areas: judicial review, community care, health welfare cases in the Court of Protection, civil liberties, actions against the police, education and professional discipline field
· Competitive salary
· Comprehensive benefits package
· Options to work flexibly
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018