- Job Search
- Wills, Trusts and Estates Partner
£70,000 - 100,000
BCL have been instructed by a UK Top 50 firm seeking a Senior Associate/Partner to help develop the Wills, Tax, Trusts and Probate team in Leeds.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious associate or junior Partner to take the next step in their career and join one of the UK's leading law firms.
The Wills, Tax, Trusts and Probate team is recognised as a 'superior' team by the Legal 500, reflecting their enviable reputation for advising clients on all their personal legal needs. The team includes fully qualified members of STEP (The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) as well as members of Solicitors for the Elderly who understanding the importance of careful estate planning.
The firm has invested heavily in its wills, trusts and estates team and is now developing a private client department in Leeds. Backed by the firm's national presence - and drawing on the support of its well-established corporate and employment departments. The practice benefits from a significant referral network and provides advice on wills, succession planning and lifetime trusts for business owners and high net worth individuals.
You will be responsible for the leadership and supervision of the Leeds team and furthering the development of junior colleagues. You will work closely with the head of department and team manager to grow the team and ensure excellent client service. You will work closely with senior colleagues with developing relationships with the existing network of intermediaries and with new contacts.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Manage own caseload of private client work, including high value/complex probate work and estate planning for high net worth individuals
* Assist other case handlers in the team and wider department with their cases as may be required
* Supervise and develop the skills of other team members
* Advise and take instructions from clients in relation to their financial affairs
* Travel to and attend upon clients
* Prepare and file various correspondence, notes and documentation
* Assist with marketing the services of the team and wider department
The Ideal Candidate
* Ambitious Associate with at least 5+ PQE
* Keen interest and vast experience in all aspects of private client law, but particularly high value/complex probatework and estate planning for high net worth individuals
* STEP qualified
* Business development skills and experience - an existing network of contacts would be highly advantageous
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Flexible approach
The firm are offering a highly competitive salary and benefits for the right candidate which can be discussed further should there be an initial interest.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now or call us for a confidential discussion.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018