- Job Search
- Housing Management Solicitor
Housing Management Solicitor, Leeds
BCL Legal is assisting a market leading law firm with its recruitment of a Housing Management Solicitor with a minimum of 3 years' PQE to join its growing Housing Management team in Leeds. It is a hybrid role, where you will be able to work from home as well as the office, depending on your personal circumstances.
This team undertakes a range of tenancy management and policy matters, helping clients tackle anti-social behaviour, tenancy fraud, unlawful occupation, disrepair claims, access issues and rent arrears as well as assisting them to manage changes to legislation and the consequential effects that changes in government policy have on their organisations.
As a Housing Management Solicitor in this team, your responsibilities will include:
· Advising housing associations, local authorities and specialist supported accommodation providers.
· Preparing disclosure lists and documents.
· Providing support on housing disrepair and anti-social behaviour cases.
· Liaising and instructing Expert Surveyors and Counsel.
· Drafting County Court claims.
· Preparing witness evidence.
· Undertaking research on more unusual or complicated cases.
· Preparing trial bundle indexes and bundles.
· Drafting costs schedules for hearings.
· Ensuring compliance with litigation deadlines.
· County Court advocacy on routine matters
To be successful in your application for this Housing Management Solicitor opportunity in Leeds, you will have:
· A minimum of 3 years' PQE experience in this or a complementary area of law (experience of working for or with social landlords or experience of the Civil Procedure Rules and the County Court litigation process).
· A genuine interest in social housing.
· Good empathy skills and the ability to deal with a range of different personality types when working with clients and witnesses.
· A good academic profile.
The successful Housing Management Solicitor will be rewarded with:
· A substantial benefits package to all employees, which includes 25 days holiday (plus the option to buy up to an additional 5 days)
· A generous pension scheme and private medical insurance
· Supportive and collegiate team/firm environment.
· An excellent gateway for developing a legal career in social housing/housing management.
If you would like to apply for this Housing Management position in Leeds, please apply here.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018