- Job Search
- Banking Knowledge Lawyer
£90,000 - 110,000
1st November 2021
Professional Support Lawyer - Financial Regulation Team
Unique opportunity for a financial regulatory or banking lawyer to join this leading law firm as a professional support lawyer. This role will be assisting the financial regulation and banking teams. As a solicitor, compliance officer or in-house banking lawyer this is a high calibre role providing support to leading financial lawyers in a global law firm environment.
The financial regulation team has an excellent reputation for regulated lending and banking and has established itself with a strong financial markets regulatory practice, assisting clients to implement MIFID II and EMIR as well as supporting transactional, banking and funds structuring work. The role is varied and will include:
* Drafting and maintaining both internal precedents and clients' precedents and product documentation
* Planning and delivering both internal and client training
* Updating fee-earners on the implications of legal developments
* Pro-actively suggesting ways to use information on changes in the law or market practice to build client relationships
* Preparing internal practice notes and process maps
* Researching both specific and general legal issues to support transactions and business development activities
* Analyse new legislation, guidance and consultations and to interpret this information to clients advising on the impact this will have on them
A significant amount of retail financial services experience is required as is experience of working with applicable legislation and regulation. Experience of dealing with legal and regulatory change in the retail finance sector and its impact is also essential.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for those with the relevant skills and experienced who are seeking a change of direction to use their sector experience to work on internal projects in a close knit, ambitious and hardworking team. For those lawyers working in private practice and looking to move away from the long hours of transactional work and fee earning, this role offers a much better work life balance.
Excellent salary and benefits package on offer in this professional support role together with flexibility in working hours (where required).
For more information on this professional support lawyer position in Dublin, please contact Sean Cully at BCL Legal.
Please only apply for this PSL opportunity if you have the requisite skills and experience.
If you would like any further information please contact BCL Legal.
For a full list of exclusive PSL vacancies please visit the BCL Legal website.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like