- Job Search
- Planning and Environmental Solicitor
Planning and Environmental Solicitor
A top 50 UK Law firm in Cambridge is seeking an ambitious Solicitor NQ-5 years PQE to join their growing planning team.
The Firm & Team
The planning and environmental team is recognised within both Legal 500 and Chambers as being a top tier department. The team focuses on six practice areas such as, environmental, housebuilder, local government, strategic land, highways and rights of way and compulsory purchase and development consent orders. The range of expertise from each individual within this expanding team means that they can work together in complex transactions on a diverse caseload of all types of planning and environmental work.
To work as an NQ to 5years PQE Solicitor to provide legal support to a group of fee earners that manage a diverse caseload and your focus will be to deliver a high quality planning advice to householder and development clients.
You will be given the opportunity to manage your own caseload and fee-earn alongside the experts on some complex transactions.
· An ability to learn the ever-changing law, policy and guidance surrounding planning and environmental law.
· To support the planning and environmental team in delivering on its strategy for client service excellence and growth.
· To work with colleagues in a collaborative way, supervising those more junior and seeking supervision from those more senior.
· To prepare advice and documentation to a high-standard and deliver to client demands and deadlines.
· To be involved in BD activities for the planning and environmental team and the wider property division.
· Qualified or soon to be qualified Solicitor within England and Wales.
· Experience in Planning.
· An understanding of environmental, highways, CPO and public law (preferred) and a willingness to learn those key areas, where there is no/limited experience.
· Strong academic background and solid technical skills.
- Great benefits package.
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Genuine commitment to agile working and flexible working hours.
If you're interested in this role, please contact Soph Memhi at BCL Legal or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If this job isn't quite right, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.
Placing People in Companies Like