- Job Search
- Commercial Solicitor
Corporate Commercial Solicitor
A great unique opportunity on the market for an experienced commercial solicitor who is looking to join a leading regional Legal 500 firm in Hertfordshire to build and ultimately lead their corporate and commercial team, to join as a Senior Associate.
This is a great stepping stone if you're seeking progression!
About the role
This commercial role is supported by the wider commercial practice that includes employment, property and litigation. With partner led teams in each of the commercial areas, there is plenty of scope for working with lawyers of all levels. There is also a dedicated trainee solicitor in the corporate and commercial team who you will have the opportunity to train and delegate to.
Type of work
Dedicated commercial role (no corporate work other than corporate support on deals) so you will be involved in all aspects of commercial work across multiple sectors such as drafting, advising on and reviewing commercial contracts, including franchise agreements, supply terms, distribution, agency, e-commerce and software as a service agreements.
The firm work with some impressive companies who instruct them on a wide range of high quality work. Their lawyers mainly help medium-sized owner-managed businesses but they also work with some large organisations including a national pharmaceutical company, a subsidiary of an international eyewear company and well known banks. Clients come from a mix of industries but over the years they have developed a sector focus in healthcare, charities and private wealth (entrepreneurs and family businesses).
The opportunity to build your own practice
This role is vital to the firms ability to offer new and existing business clients a complete service and deliver their growth plans. With full autonomy and support to grow the practice, access to an extensive client base and day to day collaboration with the commercial teams, you will have the opportunity to progress to partnership by building a dedicated commercial practice and team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualified Solicitor in England and Wales.
- A minimum of 4 years PQE with a high level of commercial technical knowledge across different sectors.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and a genuine enthusiasm to focus on commercial contracts work.
- Creative problem-solving ability, commercial insight working as an extension of the client's business to provide commercial, practical advice with their business needs and objectives in mind.
- A client-centred focus, taking responsibility for service levels and proactively maximising and improving client relationships.
- A can-do, motivated and positive attitude.
For any further information, please contact Soph Memhi at BCL Legal on 0777513711.
Placing People in Companies Like