- Job Search
- Head of Department (Commercial Property)
£80,000 - 100,000
Head of Commercial Property
Join a growing firm in a key position and lead the commercial property team as head of the department, in Bedfordshire.
The commercial property team consists of a well-established group of talented, resourceful and dedicated lawyers and paralegals, serving the business community with a strong local presence and an excellent reputation.
The successful candidate would be expected to lead the team and expand its size by developing relationships with our existing clients and expanding our reach by developing marketing strategies to raise the departments profile.
The post will give the successful applicant the ability to mentor and form a team around them to achieve the best possible results.
· 7yrs+ PQE.
· An ability to supervise, mentor and encourage younger members of staff.
· Knowledge of acting for both landlord and tenant, and ancillary legislation.
· The ability to deal with the grant and assignment of commercial leases.
· Knowledge of acting for developers, both in relation to site acquisition (including options, overage, and site assembly), and subsequently dealing with setting up sites ready for sale.
· Knowledge of commercial matters, so as to assist in transactions where they may be the sale or purchasers of small businesses.
· A proven background in providing excellent client service.
The successful candidate will also be the contact point for other departments within the firm for interdepartmental referrals and property advice.
As with any firm, it would be good to have someone who has a "following" but this is not a prerequisite.
What can this opportunity offer you?
· The ability to run a team in the way you want, with minimal constraints, whilst being supported by the management team.
· The ability to mould young practitioners' minds and working practices from an early stage.
· A vibrant and energetic office environment.
· The ability for the right applicant to progress their career by building on the previous successes of the firm and its commercial property department, and building their personal reputation and following in the three counties area.
· Excellent salary circa £100,000 DOE.
· Significant career progression opportunities.
· Hybrid working policy.
· Opportunity to earn significant bonuses.
For more information, or you would like to have a confidential chat about your career then please contact Soph Memhi on 07776513711.
Placing People in Companies Like