Real Estate - Senior Associate - Fully Remote
Our client, a global law firm are recruiting for a Senior Associate to join their department who are one of the largest real estate practices in the world with a strong, market leading reputation across a broad range of industries and sectors. Real Estate constitutes an essential and expanding segment of their business, forming a substantial element throughout the entire organisation and its diverse geographical locations.
The Real Estate teams offer a complete range of services to clients, from acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant, joint ventures, development, retail, structured investments and real estate finance to property litigation and planning.
A unique opportunity to work in a fully remote capacity with a global practice, all while benefiting from a well-defined career development plan. For those aspiring to pursue the Partner track, a dedicated career plan is in place to ensure you are prepared for the next stage, including participation in the development programme and receiving mentoring support.
The virtual team, leverages tailored technological solutions and subject matter experts to deliver top-quality services and products in areas like asset management, corporate real estate, real estate finance and transactional due diligence.
The team collaborates with existing Real Estate teams in across their other offices, enabling them to provide cost-effective solutions to their clients.
This virtual role focuses on delivering exceptional performance in Real Estate transactions, with clear career development pathways leading to promotion within the virtual team to counsel and partner positions. Monthly team training sessions, including interaction with the broader Real Estate teams whenever possible, team-building activities, and regular socialising opportunities are part of the package.
This ensures ongoing collaboration between the virtual team and the wider real estate teams within the firm.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Focus on executing tasks with excellence, particularly in corporate real estate support, real estate finance, asset management, due diligence support, and insolvency transactional support.
· Handling high-volume work with precision.
- Leading on real estate finance, investment-based disposals and acquisitions, development and restructuring, and insolvency transactions.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating security documentation and ancillary property documentation on real estate finance transactions.
- Carrying out asset management type work (e.g. shopping centres) and dealing with L&T leasing matters.
- Liaising with our planning, construction, employment, corporate, tax and banking teams as appropriate.
- Dealing with the usual real estates due diligence requirements such as the preparation/review of certificates/reports of title and summary report.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial real estate documents, including sale/purchase contracts, development agreements, and agreements for leases and leases.
- Carrying out transactional sales/purchase, leasing and portfolio management work, and general commercial property work.
Required Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
· Qualified real estate solicitor in England & Wales.
· 6 years' PQE minimum.
· Technical expertise in one or more of the above areas.
· Contribute to the development of specialised knowledge within the team.
· Ability to work independently.
If you're interested in this role please contact Soph Memhi at BCL Legal. If this job isn't quite right, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.