9th November 2023
Professional Support Lawyer - Real Estate (Multiple office locations)
An award winning employer with supportive working culture and flexible working model, regularly voted one of the best workplaces in the UK!
The firm are looking for a qualified solicitor to join their growing team of real estate professional support lawyers. You will be responsible for providing technical legal support to their RE lawyers and clients, through the provision of internal and external training, updates and briefings, technical advice and supervision, and the management of know-how.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding, forward-thinking, flexible RE PSL team, who are finding innovative ways to deliver and to define the knowledge function, and who sit within an ambitious and growing Real Estate practice.
Key deliverables of the role include:
- Creating, managing and updating precedents and other critical know-how
- Arranging and presenting legal updates and training sessions, both internally to their RE lawyers and externally to their RE clients
- Advising and supervising their RE lawyers on technical legal queries
- Creating and promoting knowledge content for our website
- Working and liaising with the present PSL team.
The role is unique in that it is a national one, you have the option to choose to be based in any of their offices, but occasional travel between offices will be required.
They are open to discuss the number of hours committed per week and there is flexibility as to how that is delivered.
Main duties and responsibilities
- creating and maintaining key precedent and guidance documents and details of relevant precedent resources
- providing/organising internal training sessions and updates to lawyers
- delivering/organising bespoke client training and knowledge resources
- answering ad-hoc queries and providing advice to lawyers within the firm, and at times supporting lawyers in their client work
- providing induction training for trainees, and training for lawyers throughout their careers
- researching developments in law and policy relevant to the RE practice area and sector, writing briefings, practice notes and guidance
- briefing lawyers on developments in law and to assist with their business development and client care responsibilities
- collaborating with other professional support lawyers; and
- liaising with members of the Knowledge, Learning and Development Team as part of the overall professional support available to the firm's lawyers in the RE practice.
What experience is required?
You will be an RE lawyer with a minimum of 5 years' post qualification experience, it is also open to applications from existing PSLs and from fee earners who are looking to move into a PSL role. They will consider candidates with expertise in either commercial property or residential property (or both). Experience of property development work is desirable.
- Strong legal technical ability, with a keen interest in black letter law
- Commercial acumen and the ability to analyse how legal changes will affect the RE market and our RE clients
- Commitment to thought leadership and to the creation and maintenance of a strong knowledge function
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a track record of presenting on legal technical issues to colleagues and/or clients
- Excellent written English with the ability to produce clear and engaging written materials
- Good IT skills and enthusiasm to develop understanding of new technologies
- Willingness to adapt and learn
For more information on this role or any other opportunities, please contact Soph via email on firstname.lastname@example.org