- Job Search
- Property Solicitor/Associate
15th November 2023
A UK Top 50 law firm are recruiting for a Associate to join their Social Housing Team. The team are ranked 1 tier in Chambers and Legal 500, so this is an opportunity to join a highly regarded and expert team which has experienced significant growth in recent years; with high profile tender wins that growth is set to continue!
The role is within a team that acts for major Housing Associations and a number of Local Authorities. You will progress a caseload defending disrepair claims brought against the firms clients, assisting with county court possession claims and injunction applications, including where tenants have engaged in anti-social behaviour.
The role may also include advising Housing Association and Local Authority clients in all aspects of Leasehold Management disputes in the First Tier Tribunal and providing professional, proactive, high-level legal support to the wider fee earning team.
- Manage a caseload of Disrepair cases on behalf of our Housing Association and Local Authority clients.
- Assist on a caseload of county court possession claims and injunction applications on grounds of anti-social behaviour, tenancy breaches, access, succession and tenancy fraud.
- Qualified Solicitor with experience in litigation;
- Any experience working with Housing Associations or Local Authority's (not essential;
- Ability to use discretion;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development.
The successful Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- Market leading salary plus bonus and an attractive benefits package.
- High quality work in a supportive environment where you will gain access to clear development opportunities.
- Agile/flexible working arrangements.
If you're interested in this role please contact Soph Memhi at BCL Legal. If this job isn't quite right, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.
Placing People in Companies Like