- Job Search
- Corporate Solicitor
A leading law firm in the entertainment industry is seeking to hire a new senior corporate solicitor.
As a full service corporate law practice the firm advises clients on a wide range of corporate matters including sales and acquisitions, investment and financing schemes, and shareholder and partnership arrangements both in the UK and internationally.
The team advises businesses in music, TV, film and hospitality and has acted for many of the biggest names in media. Although the firm has made an name for itself in the media sector they do represent companies operating in other fields of business.
* Experienced lawyer with a minimum of four years PQE who has experience of working within a successful commercial/M&A department.
* Ability and experience in drafting, amending and negotiating Share Purchase Agreements and Asset Purchase Agreements, to include related documents such as disclosure letter, warranty schedule and tax covenant. On larger transactions this work would be undertaken alongside a partner who would lead the transaction but not the paperwork. There will be plenty of opportunity in this role to take the lead on files and transactions (although always with full support of the department partners and rest of team where wanted).
* Ability and experience in advising upon the structure of and drafting, amending and negotiating shareholder agreements.
* Experience in running a due diligence process and data rooms.
* Experience in advising upon and/or drafting employee and executive share option schemes.
* Specific music industry experience not essential but some media related experience would be helpful.
* Experience in advising upon and drafting other commercial contracts such as loan and security documents, guarantees etc would be useful.
* Experience in drafting, amending and negotiating employment agreements and/or advising on TUPE process etc would be a bonus but not a key criteria.
* Experience in advising on tax matters related to share and business sales/purchases would be a bonus but not a key criteria.
* There is no requirement to join with a client following, although there will be plenty of opportunity in this role to develop own client relationships.
* The position comes with plenty of opportunity for advancement.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018