- Job Search
- Insurance & Reinsurance Solicitor
6th February 2020
Insurance & Reinsurance Solicitor
If you are a junior solicitor, this is an amazing chance to join the specialist insurance & reinsurance team of a leading international practice. This is not an insurance claims team so there will be no personal injury or professional negligence work.
The team advise the whole of the firm's varied client base on insurance issues, this can be anything and can relate to:
- FCA regulatory issues, e.g. issues in relation to the FCA Handbook,
- insurance broker procurement,
- insurance provisions in commercial agreements,
- insurance DD in corporate transactions,
- advising clients on the scope of policy cover
- advising upon any disputes with the client's insurers.
Your New Insurance & Reinsurance Team
- Heavyweight international firm
- Enviable client base of corporate insured's, insurers and insurance brokers
- Handling complex commercial insurance work from the Manchester office
- Providing advice on coverage issues, and working on high level professional indemnity matters
- This firm is an international leader in handling complex Insurance & Reinsurance work.
- Working nationally, the insurance group worldwide teams who, on a daily basis, advise international insurance and reinsurance company clients on a full array of non-contentious and contentious insurance matters.
- They are recognized in the Legal 500 and Chambers directories for their insurance experience and have won numerous industry awards over recent years.
What you'll need to succeed as an Insurance & Reinsurance Solicitor
- The firm will consider candidates who do not have a commercial insurance seat, provided you have a good academic record and have trained or are training at a recognised firm.
- Candidates with commercial contracts experience would be at an advantage.
- You will gain experience within the insurance sector to include advising on the FSMA and FCA Handbook.
- You should have strong drafting skills and the ability to negotiate and advise on complex policy wording.
- Day to day you will be involved in drafting insurance policies, negotiating complex policy wordings and advising on policy coverage issues;
- You will have the opportunity to pick up some very complex areas and develop a strong commercial skill set.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity in Insurance & Reinsurance , a busy and growing area of law. Top academics and a background from a well known national/regional firm are a must.
You will benefit from a global class sales training programme to give you the tools necessary to continue to build your expertise and will be supported by their impressive pitch team, which has high success rates, and a sector focused senior marketing team.
If you're interested in this Insurance & Reinsurance Solicitor opportunity, please apply now or get in touch for a confidential discussion.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018