- Job Search
- In-House Risk and Compliance Lawyer
17th November 2020
In-House Risk and Compliance Lawyer
This is a unique opportunity to join the in-house Risk and Compliance team of a leading national law firm.
You will work on identifying and managing the firm's risk and compliance with a focus on the SRA Handbook, other relevant rules and legislation. This role can be Manchester or home based and is a permanent position!
The In-House Risk and Compliance Lawyer opportunity
As a Risk and Compliance Lawyer in this team, you would:
* Work with the Head of Risk and Compliance to manage the firm's risk and incident registers and assist in specific investigations as appropriate.
* Identify and analyse risks and assess if the firm's internal compliance controls and policies are operating effectively and recommending ways to strengthen that internal risk structure.
* Provide support, education and training to build risk awareness within the firm.
* Support in reviewing the compliance policies and procedures and with the management of the firm's quality accreditations (Lexcel, ISO27001 and CQS), as well as developing and supporting an effective compliance communication program including promoting the use of the Risk & Compliance Microsite and raising awareness of emerging compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
* Undertake audits particularly to support ISO27001 accreditation.
* Monitor and consider the impact of regulatory and legislative changes to identify gaps in the firm's compliance knowledge and address those gaps.
* Provide input into business and strategic decisions from a compliance perspective, including providing support for tender applications.
In-House Risk and Compliance Lawyer Candidate Requirements
To be successful in your application for this Risk and Compliance Lawyer position, you will have:
* A Solicitor or equivalent legal qualification.
* A minimum of 3 years' post qualification experience in managing risk and compliance within a legal environment.
* Detailed knowledge and experience of the SRA and the regulatory framework and associated rules and legislation.
* Proven ability to build confidence, respect and credibility with colleagues and to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
What's on offer?
The successful In-House Risk and Compliance Lawyer will be rewarded with:
* Competitive salary and benefits package including bonus.
* A supportive team and firm environment.
* Flexible and agile working including the option to carry out this role remotely.
* A variety of social events throughout the year (Covid restrictions permitting).
* Virtual HIIT and Yoga classes
For more information on this In-House Risk and Compliance Lawyer opportunity, please contact Sam Vincent at BCL Legal or forward a copy of your CV to apply directly.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018