- Job Search
- In House Legal Counsel
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a lawyer who is looking to work in house and take on a responsible role in a fast paced and growing Leeds based company
Joining an expanding legal team, and reporting to the General Counsel, you would take on a responsible role to manage the UK side of the business and negotiate all commercial agreements, including some high value contracts, as well as a broad range of other legal matters relating to the day to day running of the organisation
As the in house legal counsel you would:
· Draft, review and negotiate various commercial contracts and agreements, including supplier and customer agreements and high value agreements.
· Provide expert and pragmatic solutions-based legal advice on a timely basis to support the business in a variety of areas across multiple jurisdictions.
· Proactively identify legal risk areas and work with the business to develop risk mitigation solutions including through updating of company policies and procedures.
· Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business, including data protection, competition, health and safety and environmental law, anti-bribery, criminal finance and fraud and modern slavery.
· Design and deliver legal training to the business.
You will probably have between 2-6 years pqe to have the experience to take on the role, but that is just a guide only. The role is well remunerated, and the business operates a hybrid working model with 2 days a week in the office, and 3 from home.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like