- Job Search
- Head of Legal
Our client is an independent technology business, a leader in its field. They are a growing and profitable business, based in central Newcastle, and have strong cultural values which have created an organisation which is seen as a great place to work.
They are now looking to recruit a talented, energetic and commercial Head of Legal. You would lead a small team, and have full responsibility for all legal and contractual matters liaise closely with the senior management personnel, and have responsibility for ensuring the Group complies with data protection legislation.
The principle responsibilities include:
- Assisting and supporting the Board in all legal and contractual matters, including the implementation of technical programmes that support the business.
- Assisting and supporting the Board in the ongoing protection of intellectual property.
- Leading, drafting and the negotiation of the full range of contracts for software development and licencing, SaaS, PaaS, hosting, consultancy and service level agreements
- Supporting due diligence projects and providing commercial analysis for any partnership arrangements and/ or acquisitions.
- Ensuring the team establish and maintain a contracts register
- Providing company secretarial support as required
- Provide support and guidance to all levels of the business to assist with understanding and complying with contracts entered into.
- Maintain a current knowledge of relevant developments in contractual law
This is a key role at a dynamic and fast growing company. It would suit a lawyer with strong technical legal skills, at least 6 years pqe, and bags of energy and commercial nous.
If you'd like to discuss further, please get in contact without delay
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018