- Job Search
- Assistant Legal Counsel
Tekmar is an established market leader in the design, manufacture and supply of subsea protection systems for the Subsea and Renewable Energy industries. Their dynamic fast paced culture and focus on innovation has ensured our continued growth and successful expansion into new regions worldwide. They employ over 100 staff, based across two sites, housing manufacturing and R&D teams.
Having recruited their first in house counsel a year ago, the business is embracing having the support of an in house legal team, and is looking to hire an in house assistant legal counsel. This is a fantastic role offering the chance to gain experience in a unique business with exposure to the compliance requirements of a plc and responsibility for a varied support and advisory role to an expanding portfolio of subsidiary businesses.
You will need to demonstrate experience in a busy legal team with strong administrative processes and governance. Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Preparing and reviewing legal documents ranging from complex supply contracts or transaction related documents to routine/standard terms and conditions or similar commercial documentation;
- Advising colleagues of the implications of such documents and offering possible solutions to any concerns arising;
- Participating in/supporting sales team with contract related discussions:
- Developing and maintaining a range of contract templates and other precedents;
- Being point of contact for colleagues and customers for company insurance queries/information;
- Supporting projects teams with legal points arising during contract execution and helping to identify appropriate courses of action;
- Helping to maintain and monitor company legal records so that required information is readily available, accurate and up to date and providing a high standard of administrative support (including in respect of Company Secretarial matters) and filing in line with the company's electronic filing system;
- Identifying requirements for and helping to roll out legal training, new initiatives and policies and procedures throughout the Group;
- Understanding and helping to minimise legal risk to the Group and assisting with a variety of compliance requirements.
We are open minded as to your background, and you may have experience as an in house lawyer, a CiLEx diploma, paralegal or commercial contracts management experience. You attitude to getting stuck in to a wide range of responsibilities and good communication skills will be as important as your technical legal skills.
To discuss this role further please get in contact without delay. BCL Legal is instructed as exclusive recruiter on this project and any direct and 3rd party applicants will be forwarded to Tom Fleet of BCL Legal.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018