The High Street Group is a privately owned property and construction business, with turnover in the hundreds of millions and which has undergone significant growth in the past few years. Specialising in residential and commercial development, HSG is structured into 3 divisions (Residential, Construction, Hospitality) and now employs over 200 people. The business is fast paced, and embraces core values of entrepreneurial spirit, integrity and flexibility.
As a new member of the new in house legal team, you will be responsible for a varied and demanding work load consisting of:
- Reviewing, negotiating and finalising commercial contracts in relation to land acquisition, corporate acquisition, construction and institutional funding agreements.
- Liaising and negotiating with spectrum of third parties ranging from global development institutions to local supply businesses.
- Negotiation of insurance documentation, company secretarial work
- Providing ad hoc legal advice to other group companies.
- Working with both a national and international client base
You'll be a lawyer with varied commercial experience, gained in house or in private practice, and probably a year or two PQE, at least. If you are a qualified solicitor then so much the better, but if you have qualified by experience then we'd also like to hear from you. A background in commercial contracts, corporate law, commercial property, or construction would all be of interest in this highly diverse role.
This position offers exposure to senior decision makers within the business, and so if you enjoy a diverse workload, and a fast paced environment when you can take a pragmatic and commercial outlook, then this could be the role for you. It is based from city centre offices, and has an attractive remuneration package. Please get in contact if you'd like more details.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.