CPI connects academia, businesses and funders to bring bright ideas and research into the marketplace. We are a leading independent technology innovation centre and a founding member of the UK Government's High Value Manufacturing Catapult. We help translate inventions into products and processes that enhance health and well-being, protect and improve our environment and increase productivity across industries.
CPI has a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding Legal Counsel to join a highly respected and technically strong legal team within an organisation that is undergoing a period of sustained expansion.
At CPI you will be working with an organisation at the forefront of UK innovation; helping companies to develop, prove and commercialise the next generation of high-tech products. You will be acting as a trusted business partner to the organisation and giving creative, commercially focused advice to support CPI in driving forward its vision. This is an interesting and varied role where no two days are the same. Working across the CPI sites is encouraged.
Duties of the role include:
- Advising on corporate and commercial matters, including co-ordinating and liaising with external legal support from the Group's panel on very complex matters.
- Providing advice and guidance to the business on regulatory issues.
- Negotiating terms and conditions, complex commercial contracts and multiparty collaboration agreements.
- Assisting internal clients as one of the main legal points of contact for the extensive range of contractual agreements put in place across the business.
- Assisting with any disputes with staff, customers, partners, or third parties.
- Advising on intellectual property matters and ensuring CPI's freedom to operate going forward.
- Providing creative and strategic legal advice across the full range of business activity where legal input (of all types) is required, including in relation to State aid, property, construction and employment matters.
We are looking for an individual who is an outstanding solicitor with a commercial law firm or in-house background. You may come from a commercial, IP, corporate, projects, construction, regulatory, public procurement or State aid background. What matters most is your aptitude and attitude, and your ability to take on a highly diverse workload and offer outstanding legal advice.
Ideally you will have at least a couple of years post qualified experience, however all applicants who can demonstrate the skills and experience for the role are encouraged to apply.
At CPI, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, including: family friendly policies, flexible holidays and holiday purchasing schemes, opportunities for learning and development, life assurance and accident insurance schemes. A highly competitive salary, exceptional pension scheme, are on offer to the right candidate.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an organisation at the cutting edge of UK industry. For more information please get in touch with out delay.
To apply, please contact our exclusively retained consultant Tom Fleet at BCL Legal. Email:email@example.com. All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to BCL Legal for consideration.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.