Keepmoat Homes is a fast growing top 10 UK housebuilder. We design and build quality homes and create places where people want to live.
Our investment and participation helps transform communities and improves the lives of local people. We have a national presence combined with local knowledge and expertise in all aspects of housing - from finance, design and planning, to developing and building. Our comprehensive skills and capabilities give us a wider perspective across the whole housing lifecycle and we create lower risk ways of building homes people need.
For more than 90 years our work has been absolutely visible to local communities so being part of the community is in our DNA. We hire local suppliers and tradespeople and work with local communities to make sure that our plans meet their needs. We are currently looking to hire a senior legal counsel to join our highly regarded in house legal team.
Reporting to the General Counsel and Company Secretary, this is an exciting new role as Senior Legal Counsel for Keepmoat Homes Limited. It requires a calibre of individual that seeks to be a key contributor to the growth of the business and enjoys challenge and variety. This is a diverse role with a core of commercial property and construction work, that interacts with senor management on a daily basis and will be integral to the businesses ongoing success.
Responsibilities may include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial property, construction and commercial agreements.
- Providing advice on day to day legal queries on property, general commercial, construction, corporate and other matters.
- Ensuring efficient and effective handling of disputes and providing advice to operational teams on appropriate strategies in relation to disputes that have not yet been formalised.
- Assisting on corporate transactions including M&A and disposals affecting the business.
- Performing company secretarial activities for the Group Companies (including attending to applicable filings with Companies House and maintaining the statutory books of the Group Companies).
- Involvement in developing and delivering toolkits and legal awareness training on various issues to educate colleagues across the business on the legal process such as how to use precedent documentation, how to avoid legal pitfalls.
- Assisting in developing a set of legal precedents for use across the business.
- Ensuring Keepmoat Group complies with relevant legislation and regulations affecting its business.
We are seeking an experienced lawyer to be our new Senior In House Legal Counsel with commercial property or construction law background, and previous experience in the property sector. You'll have an inquisitive mind and will relish being at the heart of the business, constantly looking for new ways to add value, improve the business, and challenge the status quo. Additionally, you'll have exceptional communication skills, and be comfortable reaching out to the business and communicating at all levels. You'll possess high level of self-motivation, professionalism and trustworthiness with ability to get the job done in the timescales available.
A competitive salary is on offer, along with strong benefits package, including car allowance, bonus and healthcare. The role is based at the Keepmoat head office at Doncaster, South Yorkshire, but you must be willing and able to travel across the UK on occasion.
This exceptional in house legal counsel opportunity will prove very rewarding for an individual who is keen to take on a highly responsible position
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.