6th November 2020
In-house Legal Counsel
GlobalData is one of the fastest growing data analytics companies on the London Stock Exchange - and we continue to accelerate; we are striving towards our vision to be the world's trusted source of strategic industry intelligence - delivered on a single platform with multi-industry coverage.
Headquartered in London and listed on the AIM stock exchange, we have over 20 office locations and 3,300 employees across Europe, North America, APAC, and Latin America. Although the Yorkshire office is based in Hull, this role could be predominantly home based, or part time, depending on experience.
What makes GlobalData stand apart is our people. Experts at what we do and respected by the industries we work in, our diverse teams are high performing, collaborative and passionate about helping our clients succeed.
We are proud that everything we do is created in house by our talented people. From expert researchers and analysts creating compelling content to innovative software teams building engaging platforms, dynamic sales teams creating lasting client relationships, passionate events professionals producing unique experiences, and inspiring corporate teams ensuring the business runs efficiently and effectively.
Driven by our values - integrity, innovation, client-centric, quality and professionalism, we take pride in the contribution they have made to our success. We attract colleagues who share our passion, and continually invest in our people to bring our clients the best products and services.
As Legal Counsel, reporting to the Group General Counsel, you will support the Group on all legal aspects of supplying products, business initiatives, marketing matters and litigation. You will partner with key stakeholders in the business to provide legal support and advice to achieve resolution of legal issues in our best interests.
The core of your remit will be drafting, advising, and negotiating on a range of contracts such as supply of service agreements, master services agreements, advising the sales force on negotiation of renewals and M&A work. You will also assist in the mitigation of complex, strategically important legal and regulatory risk in a dynamic company.
The ideal candidate will have strong academics and training from a law firm or in house. Previous in-house experience is not necessary but helpful, and although some experience in commercial contracting and/or IP would be helpful, it is not mandatory. The role will be a broad mix of work providing legal support to key stakeholders across the business on a range of issues including commercial contracts, corporate acquisitions, data protection, IP, and employment.
- Broad knowledge of a range of legal issues with a particular focus on commercial contracting, corporate and IP related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with an ability to simplify legal issues into digestible advice and recommendations.
- Strong drafting, eye for detail and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships and influence at all levels across the Group.
- Strong emphasis on working to deadlines and to maintain stable performance under pressure.
- Ability to establish creditability throughout the whole organisation.
- Qualified lawyer with experience in a well-regarded private practice or in-house team.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen.
- Up to date knowledge of legal issues most likely to impact on the Group.
- Understanding of legal risk and how to manage it within a business.
- Comfortable using Office 365.
- Strong academic record.
This role could be partly home based, or part time,
If you'd like to know more, please get in contact as soon as possible.
The assigment is being handled by Tom Fleet of BCL Legal. All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to him for consideration