- Job Search
- Data Protection Lawyer
Our client is a highly successful technology driven business, with operations across the UK and North America. A prestigious and award winning business in it's field, it has been long established and grown significantly over the recent few years
You'll take be responsible for maintaining and developing all the data processing processes and policies, implementing and refining data protection policies and tracking processes, and providing data protection/privacy law advice to the business. This might include:
- Liaising closely with the business' Information Security Team, and providing advice on Compliance and Standards issues (including planning, development and execution of the implementation plan) such as GDPR, other privacy laws and regulations, ISO27001, SOC 2; on 3rd party / supplier implications (including updating/developing existing 3rd party/supplier contracts
- Maintaining and developing the business' GDPR compliance (including maintaining and developing various already existing data protection / privacy policies, maintaining already existing data protection records, maintaining already existing data flow maps, facilitating on-going data audits and completing risk assessments and customer questionnaires as part of bids, RFPs, ongoing customer relationship reviews/audits)
- Investigating and ensuring compliance with existing and developing areas of privacy law
- Liaising with internal stakeholders at all levels, including with the marketing team and 'live services' to provide commercially-focused privacy law advice on a range of day-to-day privacy issues and strategic projects that include reviewing and analysing privacy impact, being available to answer questions from internal stakeholders, providing advice on request and keeping up to date with all privacy law developments
- Working closely with other parts of the business to recognise data transfers (including overseas), analyse compliance and security requirements and advise the business on implications
- Rolling out revised Standard Contractual Clauses
- First 'port-of-call' to internal/external data protection/privacy queries.
We are looking to recruit a data protection lawyer, or qualified Data Protection Professional to take on this role. You will have a "doer" mind-set, a practical 'hands-on' approach along with passion for technology and data protection, and your self-development. You'll probably need at least 3 years practical experience to have the knowledge to take on this role.
Leeds based Flexible working and 4 day a week work patterns are available if that is of interest to you.
Please get in contact without delay if you'd like to know more.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018