- Job Search
- In-house Counsel - Data Protection
Our client, a leading automotive manufacturer and instantly recognisable brand, is seeking to hire a Data Privacy Counsel to join the legal team at the UK Head office in Milton Keynes.
The business is keen to speak to lawyers with 5+ PQE and strong experience in Data Protection.
Reporting into the General Counsel and Compliance Officer, the Data Privacy Counsel will be the primary point of contact for all privacy matters relating to the UK business. The automotive market is changing, with a push towards e-commerce and direct-to-consumer sales, making this a fantastic time to join an established team in a highly regarded business.
The role will include:
- Monitoring data protection and privacy compliance, procedures, and technologies to reduce risk in all key areas.
- Supporting the company's and Group's efforts in maintaining the highest levels of conformance regarding all data protection and privacy compliance issues, reviewing, analyzing and making recommendations for implementing and improving data protection and privacy compliance policies
- Support development and implementation of data protection and privacy compliance training
- Review and complete root cause analysis for data protection / privacy related complaints or issues generated from business lines or customer relations and provide guidance on remediation. Escalate and facilitate with subject matter experts and legal counsel / legal department, when necessary.
The successful applicant will have strong Data Privacy knowledge and a desire to help shape a major business' future policies and procedures on the matter.
On offer is a superb salary and package, flexible working patterns and the opportunity to help build a fully-fledged DP function within a well-rounded legal team.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like