- Job Search
- Real Estate Lawyer
A national leisure business which operates across the UK is seeking a real estate lawyer to join the team as Sole Counsel at their UK Head Office is based in Milton Keynes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a real estate lawyer looking to broaden their horizons and work closely with a business backed by a major European Group seeking targeted growth in the UK.
Reporting into the Board and Chief Financial Officer, this role offers significant autonomy liaising directly with key internal stakeholders and the Commercial Team. The successful applicant will manage a broad range of commercial property matters associated with the business' portfolio which will include:
· Freehold and leasehold acquisitions of store units on an unconditional and conditional basis;
· Acquisition of new build leasehold units including consideration of development obligations appointments and warranties;
· Freehold and leasehold disposals;
· Asset Management deals: re-gears, surrenders and re-grants;
· Lease extensions and renewals;
· Licences and Deeds of Variation;
· General legal advice associated with the management of a large property portfolio;
· Undertaking acquisition and management transactions including leasehold acquisitions with development aspects, lease renewals, reversionary leases and disposals;
· Carrying out preliminary title investigations for potential pipeline acquisition sites;
· Providing training on real estate legal matters to the wider business; and
· Instructing and liaising with external lawyers where appropriate.
There is also the opportunity to assist the business with commercial and regulatory matters.
The successful applicant will be a UK-qualified real estate lawyer with good commercial awareness and ideally some previous in-house experience/retail sector experience. Owing to the nature of the role you will have good commercial Landlord & Tenant knowledge.
In-house or secondment experience, whilst not essential, will be advantageous.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a commercial property lawyer seeking to have a real impact in a growing business or looking to pick up more generalist in-house experience to broaden their skill set.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018