- Job Search
- Compliance Counsel - Volkswagen Group UK
Our client Volkswagen Group UK is seeking to hire a new Compliance Counsel to join the legal team at the UK Head office in Milton Keynes.
Reporting into the General Counsel and Compliance Officer, the Compliance Counsel will be responsible for all matters relating to the UK compliance management framework including:
- maintaining UK Compliance Programmes (including Competition Law, Bribery/Corruption, Data Protection, Consumer Law, Financial Conduct Authority, Advertising, Consumer, Money Laundering, Modern Slavery + new regulations as they arise) and producing and updating Compliance documentation
- Proactively identifying changes to legal requirements, impact of investigations and case law to ensure the Compliance Programme is adapting to ever changing UK and international requirements
- Taking primary responsibility for the roll-out of annual VW AG compliance policies and programmes
- Managing all compliance issues (whether raised internally, by customers/suppliers or by a Regulator), obtaining legal advice as required.
- Managing and deliver compliance awareness across VWGUK
- Developing and manage a relationship with the appropriate Regulator and ensure VWGUK operates in-line with current requirements and developing best practice.
- Maintaining strong links to VWAG (Germany) Compliance team including regular and prompt reporting as required
- Acting as first point of contact within Legal & Compliance for any whistleblowing topics and ensure regular communication and training on the topic
The successful applicant will be an experienced Compliance professional with a comprehensive understanding of the relevant topics including Data Protection, Competition Law, Bribery and Corruption, and Money Laundering. Previous in-house experience is desirable.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018