- Job Search
- Assistant Company Secretary
A leading Cambridge-based global research and life sciences organisation is seeking a to hire an Assistant Company Secretary.
Reporting to the General Counsel in a tight-knit team, the Assistant Company Secretary will be responsible for:
· Supporting the GC to enhance the company's governance framework
· Maintaining statutory books
· Monitoring changes in legislation and the regulatory environment relevant the business and providing forward looking advice
· Co-ordinating and working closely with the team during the annual report process and AGM
· Managing the company share option scheme In conjunction with the HR team
· Preparing board minutes
· Maintaining the contract management system in conjunction with the legal team
· Undertaking various corporate governance projects, including reviews of terms of reference and matters reserved for the Board, oversight of project insider lists, block listing activities, data protection and insurance
You will be a qualified secretary (ICSA) or lawyer with relevant experience within a UK listed company environment. Experience of company share schemes, data protection and insurance matters would be beneficial, as would experience of policy work, establishing policies, training employees and checking compliance.
On offer is a good salary, package and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile organisation at the forefront of scientific advancement.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018