A leading FMCG giant responsible for a number of major household products is seeking a 2-5 PQE Corporate Lawyer to join the team as Legal Counsel.
This represents a superb opportunity for a Corporate Lawyer looking to move in-house, gain a broader Commercial skill set and put their experience to good use with a leading international brand, taking on a split of roughly 50% Corporate and 50% Commercial work.
Whilst their Head Office is located in Hertfordshire, the business is extremely flexible and open to 2/3 days' home-working.
The business is an instantly recognisable brand and offers high quality work for the Legal Counsel across the business. There will be a good split of corporate and commercial work on offer, including:
* Providing support to the M&A and Strategy teams, liaising with senior members of staff and external counsel to help shape the group's structure. Undertaking and overseeing due diligence, drafting and review of transactional documentation, liaising with external counsel and internal stakeholders.
* Draft, review and negotiate a number of commercial contracts (including customer sales contracts, licences, non-disclosure agreements, sponsorship agreements etc.) to best protect the commercial and legal interests of the business and create added value.
* Advising on avoiding and managing disputes and advising on strategy for resolution including risk assessment, negotiating settlements, drafting correspondence and preparing for litigation.
* Working with the Procurement team and providing legal advice on a wide range of supplier contracts (ingredients, packaging, professional services, IT, logistics, advertising, engineering and maintenance services, equipment supply, data protection agreements) to protect the company's commercial and legal position and minimise risk.
* Continually improve standard contracts and guidance to reflect improvements and changes to processes and legislation.
* Manage and advise in relation to other ad hoc matters as they occur including IP, employment and property matters, consumer care support, company secretarial matters, insolvency and support to the regulatory team.
This Legal Counsel position would suit a 2-5 PQE Corporate Lawyer, with strong experience of handling the full cycle of M&A, who seeks to take on a broader workload within the legal team of a major brand.