- Job Search
- Senior Data Protection Lawyer
A leading innovative business with strong brand recognition is seeking to recruit a Senior Data Protection Lawyer to join the business at their head office in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
Good flexible working is on offer for the successful candidate.
Customer data is at the heart of everything this well-known brand does and the position is therefore ideal for any lawyer with a passion for Data Protection who is keen to help drive forward change at a time when the business is about to offer a range of new products.
Reporting into the Head of Legal you will provide commercial advice on Data Protection matters across the entirety of the business, whilst also immersing yourself in a range of general commercial work. The Senior Data Protection Lawyer will advise key internal stakeholders on a range of issues, such as:
- Formulating best practices when responding to DSARs
- Carrying out Privacy Impact Assessments, advising the business on new ways to handle and use data
- Managing any data breaches, working closely with the Information Security teams to limit the likelihood, number and severity of any breaches.
- Advising on the Data Protection implications of a range of new projects, marketing tools and working closely with the Chief Data Office, COO and CTO of the business.
This is a fast-paced and energetic business with first class facilities, as well as flexible working/hours. The business has a huge customer base, with customer data being key to all workings of the organisation.
The successful applicant will be c.5+ PQE with a proven track record of advising on GDPR matters looking to join a high profile and growing organisation.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018