- Job Search
- Senior Counsel
A Luton-based PLC is seeking to recruit a 5+ PQE commercial solicitor to join the team. This role involves a broad mix of general commercial contracts and other ad hoc legal work.
Reporting to the Head of Legal the role will encompass the following:
· Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts, analysing legal/commercial risk and proposing mitigation;
· Responding to ad hoc legal queries from all parts of the business and senior management;
· Supporting on litigation matters involving clients and suppliers;
· Supporting on employment matters including disciplinary, TUPE etc.
· Instructing and liaising with external counsel where necessary.
Individuals applying for this position should have 5+ PQE in a commercial setting with experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts. Experience in the other points above would be advantageous but not crucial, but a willingness to learn and be involved in other areas would be favourable.
Previous in-house experience is desired but not essential.
An ability to work autonomously in a fast-moving and highly pressurised role is essential, so previous experience working to tight time scales under your own initiative will be a real advantage.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018