- Job Search
- Commercial Counsel
15th September 2021
An opportunity has arisen for a commercial lawyer with 4+ years' PQE to join a leading business as Commercial Counsel, based in the West Midlands.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a top rank business which holds many widely recognised and respected brands within their portfolio. Reporting directly into the Head of Legal, the Commercial Counsel will provide the business with practical legal advice on commercial legal, governance and compliance issues.
This is a varied role that encompasses the following:
- Work in conjunction with the rest of the team to improve efficiencies through Legal Ops, including automation, playbook management and providing training to non-legal parts of the business; and
- Leading, supporting and collaborating with a range of colleagues to meet the business's legal needs, providing commercial and pragmatic solutions at pace in a complex environment, to inform and promote business goals and ensure legal compliance.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and reporting on a wide range of high value commercial contracts (eg customer and supplier agreements, IT, indirect procurement).
- Providing strategic and legal support to material disputes, litigation and/or regulatory issues (managing external lawyers when required).
- Building and maintain key relationships with C-level executives across the business.
This position would be suited to a committed commercial lawyer with experience in-house, ideally with a large organisation, This is a superb organisation with a highly respected legal team who are in routine contacts with key executives across the business..
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, dynamic and ambitious business, offering a good balance of home and office working as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018