- Job Search
- Senior Counsel
A major global FMCG company with multiple well-known, historic brands is seeking to recruit a c.7+ PQE commercial lawyer to join the team as Senior Counsel
The business is based in Staffordshire but on offer is substantial flexible working and the opportunity to take on a direct report.
Reporting into the Head of Legal, the Senior Counsel would take on a broad, strategic-thinking role which is focused on bringing in new products to the family, optimising their growth, and working closely with the Head of Legal to look at new routes to market and improve the company's internal procedures.
This is a highly strategic, senior stakeholder-facing position and would suit a "big picture thinker" who is keen to get involved in multiple work streams including general commercial, M&A and Legal Ops-type work.
Working closely with the Head of Legal, the Compliance team and key Directors, the Senior Counsel will be responsible for:
- Negotiating and drafting a range of commercial contracts, with a specific emphasis on distribution agreements with other FMCG companies coming into the fold;
- Providing legal and commercial advice on looking at new product ranges;
- Providing strategic legal advice on new routes to market, expansion into new territories;
- Working with the Head of Legal to roll out new governance and compliance programmes across the business, ensuring their successful uptake;
- Improving processes relating to training, board meetings etc.
This is an ideal opportunity for an accomplished Commercial Lawyer with c.7+ PQE, with an interest in formulating strategy for the business and who enjoys fostering strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders across the business. Ideally you will have some understanding of either M&A or Compliance matters, and crucially a desire to upskill in both these areas as well as general commercial matters.
You will be a solution-orientated lawyer who enjoys working in a collaborative environment and have a passion for brands and FMCG.
On offer is a strong salary and package, as well as the opportunity to join a business which places the well-being of its employees at the forefront of everything they do.
Placing People in Companies Like
We’re a Sunday Times Best Small Company to Work For: 2016, 2017, 2018