We are working exclusively with Sodexo on the recruitment of a new Legal Counsel to be predominantly home-based.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, they provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services.
This Legal Counsel role sits within the Justice Segment which operates a number of prisons and probation services across the UK. The role reports into the Assistant General Counsel, Catherine Ford, a member of the executive team for the Justice Segment.
Sodexo operates a number of legacy PFI contracts which require regular amendment and variation as well other large contracts which include complex sub-contracting and partnering clauses. The key to this role will be to consider each piece of work within the wider context of the multiple interests involved.
· Drafting and negotiating contracts (client, supplier facing, partnerships)
· Advising on PFI and large complex projects and outsourcing contracts, variations and disputes
· Advising on complex legal issues and regulatory requirements
· Keeping knowledge of legal developments up to date in an increasingly regulated, competitive and complex environment
· Compliance with professional Code of Conduct
· Training the Segments/Functions supported on legal, commercial and regulatory issues
· Helping to ensure that business is conducted in accordance with relevant law and Sodexo's internal governance processes
· Instructing external lawyers and managing external legal fees under appropriate supervision
· Working collaboratively with all members of the UK&I Legal Department
· Providing preliminary advice on disputes and litigation
· A qualified solicitor with c.3/4 years post qualified experience (candidates with differing PQEs and relevant experience will also be considered)
· Training with a top law firm, some in-house experience would be advantageous
· Experience in managing complex contracts and agreements within the public sector (previous experience with PFI contract specifically would be helpful but isn't essential)
· Experience dealing with public procurement and supporting the bidding process
· The ability to work autonomously, you will be supported by the Assistant General Counsel but will work mainly with internal stakeholders outside of the UK &I legal team.
Sodexo is a global, highly diversified business which provides a secure environment based on long-term agreements. In addition you will have access to high value, complex commercial work in a flexible but supportive environment.