Articles From the Team
Should I use a legal recruiter to help me with my job search?
To do or not to do, that is the question… Here are the top 5 reasons why you should consider using a legal recruitment consultant to assist you with your job search:
1) Access to the job market – Recruiters are ‘in know’ - we work closely with the leading firms and companies across the UK (and beyond) and due to this we will often know about the most exclusive opportunities first. Essentially working directly with a recruiter can ensure you stay one step ahead of the competition whilst you are in the midst of your search. In today’s competitive legal market this is invaluable help to have, especially if you are actively looking to secure a new position.
2) Connections – A recruiter’s job is to work directly with their clients and due to this we are often able to get you ‘in the door’ faster and to obtain feedback on any applications made on your behalf faster too (be it positive or negative). I’m sure you’ll agree that there is nothing more frustrating than applying directly and waiting weeks or even months to hear back (or is some cases never getting a response despite your best efforts). Ultimately working with us will save you precious time and energy in the long run!
3) Expertise – Each of BCLs consultants work on specific locations and niche markets so you really are dealing with a specialist who is dedicated to finding an opportunity at a firm that truly suits you as an individual. We can provide you with free impartial advice on salary and the current climate in your specific location and your particular practice area to enable you to determine your position in a complex legal market.
4) One goal – We are on your side and we want you to succeed in securing a fantastic new role that ticks all of your boxes! Our job is to find you an opportunity that suits your personal situation, whether you are looking to move for career progression or to work in a more collaborative and supportive team, we want to help. There’s nothing more satisfying than when we successfully achieve our goals (and in this case they are exactly the same)!
5) Long term relationships – We are in it for the long run, meaning that we build long term relationships with the law firms and the solicitors that we work with. Not only can we help you with the present but we will always be here to provide advice and assistance, acting as a partner that can help you navigate your future career path.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like to discuss your options with us – we are here to help!