Articles From the Team
Nottingham JLD & BCL Legal Careers Seminar
Are you ready to get involved?
The Nottingham Junior Lawyers Division (NJLD) is made up newly qualified solicitors, trainee solicitors, paralegals and is the best forum in which to get to know your peer group and socialise with other young lawyers in Nottingham.
Whether you are training at a leading international firm or a small high street practice, the NJLD offers a friendly and inclusive environment for all.
With a busy schedule (and social life), it can be easy to overlook the benefits of getting involved with networking groups such as the NJLD but from a recruitment perspective, I would consider the benefits to be many...
- Increasing your confidence and self-esteem. By starting your networking activities with your own peers it helps to create the building blocks to give you the confidence to network with other professional groups as your career advances. Networking isn't something that comes naturally to everyone, it's a skill that can be developed through practice. For those that are shy or naturally introvert, pushing your boundaries now will have a huge impact on your ability to network and in consequence business develop in the future. Essential if you have aspirations for partnership in the long term.
- It's an ideal opportunity to develop your network, make real friends and useful connections for the future. At some point, those connections will help to open doors to new opportunities ultimately advance your career. Investing in these relationships from the very beginning of your career (rather than at times of crisis) will pay dividends in the end.
- Raising your own personal profile and generally increasing your market knowledge. It's always good to know who's who in the zoo and for them to know you! Your firm will also take note of your networking activities so you become more visible both internally and externally.
- It's also an opportunity to get to know us at BCL Legal, the largest legal only recruitment agency in the Midlands. The team from BCL Legal is on hand at all events we sponsor and we are always readily available for a general chat or to provide you with advice whatever stage of your career you are at. Many of us are ex-lawyers so we speak from experience of having qualified as solicitors and practised law as well as from the other side of the fence; the legal recruitment industry. This makes us well placed to advise you on what you should be doing now to guarantee a successful career in the law.
- Free drinks, food and lots of fun! Need we say more!
BCL Legal is actively involved in sponsoring events for the NJLD, helping them to host a range of social, sporting and educational events throughout the year.
The next event we are involved with is the Careers Seminar on Thursday 27th June from 6pm at the Alea Casino in Nottingham. The event is oversubscribed and we have just increased the capacity to accommodate an additional 15 people!
Book your tickets now at https://www.nottslawsoc.org/NJLD-Events