Articles From the Team
Winter Working Struggles……
Winter is nearly upon us, the days are getting shorter, colder and wetter. However that dreaded morning alarm clock call is still everyone’s worst nightmare on a cold dark winter’s morning. Chantel Gallagher, Consultant with BCL Legal in Birmingham offers tips on how to survive the winter struggles
Now that winter's nearly here, my reluctance to get out of bed in the morning has increased substantially. Who wants to get out of a nice warm bed on a winter’s morning? Nobody I know loves the thought of their alarm going off even on the best of days let alone in the middle of winter. It's too easy to snuggle deep into the duvet when the alarm goes off, and in an attempt to curb this bad habit, I've compiled a few tips for making waking up that little bit more manageable.
• Have a drink. Drinking water as soon as you wake up will help stimulate the body and help you stay awake. Maybe leave a glass of water on your bedside table so you can do this as soon as you wake up;
• Take a shower as soon as you get out of bed. The water and change in temperature will get your circulation going and I find this really does wake you up;
• Drink something before you sleep. By the time your alarm goes off, you will probably have to use the bathroom and won't be able to go back to sleep comfortably. I wouldn’t recommend you drink 2 litres of water before bed; otherwise you will be up and down all night;
• If you wake up before your alarm goes off, get out of bed. If you go back to sleep or wait for the alarm, chances are, you'll feel drowsier. Just get up and go…..seize the day;
• Don't allow yourself to reason with yourself. It is too easy to convince yourself of a hundred different reasons to why you should stay in bed, even if it's not really the best course of action. Train yourself to respond immediately to the alarm.
And if all else fails….. Set the alarm clock across the room and/or set multiple alarms!
If you are looking to secure a new job and would like a confidential discussion contact BCL Legal on 0121 230 1850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org