STEWART BROWN – Coach, Consultant and Facilitator
Stewart helps lawyers to flourish, through tailored coaching, consulting and training programmes. Stewart has 18 years of experience as a solicitor in private practice and in-house in the legal departments of top-tier international investment banks. He draws upon his track record of developing and leading high-performing teams and driving change programmes to help bring out the best of his clients.
Stewart has held senior management positions in the legal departments of top-tier international investment banks, most recently as Managing Director, Legal Counsel, at Barclays Investment Bank. His roles have involved developing new businesses, providing strategic advice and challenge to business leaders on legal, governance and reputational matters, and transforming existing businesses in response to regulatory change.
- Coaching: experienced internal and external coach, focussing on personal and professional development, with a particular interest in supporting individuals in leadership positions.
- Facilitating and driving cultural and organisational change: leading workshops on company values, purpose and goals and the impact of decisions on self, the organisation and the wider community and multiple change programmes to businesses impacted by new regulation.
- Leading high-performing teams: managing global teams of professional staff to support complex global businesses; developing high individual and team performance, often in the context of large-scale organisational and industry change.
- Extensive experience of cross-organisational and cultural issues: how to get results in a complex stakeholder and matrix environment; how to increase efficiency and better manage risk through better practice.
- Project Management: Extensive experience of acting on project steering committees, responsible for project definition and delivery and also acting as legal subject matter expert.
Stewart is an open and direct leader, who operates with humour and integrity, and has a high energy, enthusiastic and personable style. He has a particular interest in developing individuals, especially those in leadership positions, and has coached, managed and encouraged relationship-building among culturally diverse teams in London, New York, Hong Kong, Johannesburg and across Europe and the Middle East.
Stewart is a qualified coach, (non-practising) solicitor and holds a BA honours degree in Classics from Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge.