- Job Search
- Corporate Professional Support Lawyer
£75,000 - 100,000
5th February 2024
Corporate Professional Support Lawyer - 5+ PQE - international firm - Birmingham
Corporate Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) required for the Birmingham office of leading international firm. An exciting opportunity for an existing PSL or otherwise a corporate lawyer with a minimum of five years' fee earning experience, looking to move into a PSL role. Highly competitive salary and hybrid working policy, part-time applicants also welcome to apply.
This is a rare opportunity to move into a professional support role in Birmingham. There are an increasing number of qualified senior lawyers opting to take this career path, particularly since the remit of PSL roles has evolved to become increasingly multi-faceted and strategic.
The obvious benefit is the lifestyle piece; the hours are more predictable than fee-earning, as the work is less client-led. There is also no requirement to time record or work to fee earning or hours based targets. If you are someone who enjoys research and black letter law then this would offer the opportunity to enjoy the analysis of law without the pressure of client demands. It is also well suited to anyone who enjoys mentoring fee earners and assisting with business development.
The successful Corporate PSL will undertake a highly varied role to include:
· The organisation of know-how materials, adding to and maintaining precedent banks to include reviewing and updating existing materials.
· Publishing know-how materials on intranet.
· Horizon scanning and keep abreast of new legislation.
· Compiling case reports and sharing with the team.
· Supporting fee earning with technical queries.
· Organising, preparing and delivering training courses both internally and externally.
· Assisting with business development through preparing client updates, client alerts and briefings.
· Publishing relevant materials on legal updates and news on the firm's website.
· Attending client events.
The successful Corporate PSL will:
· Be a corporate lawyer with significant transactional experience and a minimum of five years' PQE.
· Be commercially focused able to think strategically.
· Enjoy legal research and black letter law.
· Have excellent drafting and technical skills.
· Enjoy training, mentoring and business development.
· Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with:
· A highly competitive salary and bonus plus a comprehensive benefits package.
· The opportunity to work in a friendly, close-knit, dynamic and focused PSL team.
· Flexible working options - hybrid working as standard ad part-time applicants will also be considered.
Or for a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like