- Job Search
- Data Privacy Lawyer
7th February 2024
Data Privacy Lawyer - 5-10+ PQE - Birmingham
Market leading national law firm is seeking an experienced Data Privacy Lawyer to join its team in Birmingham. This Data Protection Lawyer opportunity is offered on a full or part-time (4 days a week), permanent basis with flexible working options accommodated and high levels of remote working allowed. Excellent salary commensurate with experience.
As a Data Protection Solicitor in this team, you would:
- Have the opportunity to join a highly regarded national team that provides information law and privacy advice. Specifically, you would work on:
· Data Protection matters
· Commercial Data Protection issues, including the drafting of commercial agreements, privacy notices and other GDPR documentation
· Advising on lawful basis
· Cross border GDPR issues
· Subject Access Requests
· Data breach advice and cyber security issues
· Information sharing
· GDPR compliance
· Compensation claims
· Freedom of Information Act 2000
· Environmental Information Regulations
· Liaising with the Information Commissioner and Information Law Tribunal matters
· Policies and Protocols in relation to the above
To be successful in your application for this Data Protection Solicitor vacancy, you will have:
- A minimum of five years' PQE with a strong emphasis on data and privacy during that time whether from private practice or in-house.
- Ideally, experience of all aspects of information including GDPR and the Data Protection Act, other rights of access including the Freedom of Information Act and other information governance issues.
- The ability to supervise ad mentor junior lawyer.
- Strong client facing skills and keen to be involved in business development and raising the profile of the team.
- Confident to lead on complex and high profile matters.
- A good teamwork ethic.
The successful Data Protection Solicitor will be rewarded with:
- A highly competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits package.
- Strong partner support within a flexible, supportive and inclusive team environment.
- Excellent career progression opportunities within a growing office and team.
- The opportunity to work on a broad range of data and privacy matters projects.
- Good levels of remote working.
To be considered for this Data Protection Lawyer vacancy, apply here with an up to date copy of your CV or contact Angharad Warren at BCL Legal for further information.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like