£100,000 - 180,000
Our client is a leading property development and investment company. It is a company was a superb reputation, a highly experienced management team, and exciting plans for further growth and expansion. Development roles of this calibre and seniority are incredibly rare making an application highly recommended.
Role - Senior In-house Development Solicitor
We are looking for a senior residential development and site acquisition solicitor to join our clients team in the North West of England.
As Senior In-house Development Solicitor, you will be responsible for leading and managing the legal aspects of our clients complex and high-value strategic land projects, from site acquisition to completion and beyond. You will be empowered to make decisions and will have a high degree of autonomy to get things done. You will also have some opportunity to work on wider legal and commercial business matters, advising and supporting the various business divisions on a range of other ad hoc legal matters and projects as required.
Our client has a close-knit and high-calibre senior management team, and as a key business partner, the Senior In-house Development Solicitor will operate at the highest levels within the Group.
This role would make an ideal move for an established solicitor at Managing Associate, Salaried Partner / Partner level, or equivalent seniority already working in-house.
To be considered for this role, the following qualities are desired:
- A qualified solicitor in England and Wales, with at least 10 years' PQE in residential development and site acquisition law, gained at another property development company and/or notable law firm.
- Extensive and in-depth experience in managing complex and high-value development work, including land acquisition, option agreements, development agreements, joint ventures, funding arrangements etc.
- A broad knowledge and understanding of other areas of law relevant to the property development industry, such as planning, construction, environmental, corporate, and commercial law.
- Excellent commercial awareness, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and mitigate legal risks and provide pragmatic and innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external parties at all levels.
- The ability to work independently, proactively, and efficiently, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Based in the North West of England, it is envisaged that applicants will be based in Greater Manchester, Liverpool, Wirral, Chester, Warrington or surrounds. Full details can be provided upon application.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.