- Job Search
- Compliance Officer/Compliance Manager
30th January 2024
Compliance Officer/Compliance Manager
Up to £60,000
Our client a Legal 500 and Lexcel accredited Regional Law Firm are looking to recruit a Compliance Officer/Compliance Manager to work in close collaboration with the firms Head of Compliance.
The risk and compliance team is responsible for adhering to the SRA rules, regulations, and legislation that applies to the law firm and for making sure that the firm is compliant. As the newly appointed Compliance Officer/Compliance Manger you will play a pivotal role in the ever changing and often complex Risk and Compliance Space within the firm, this can often involve creating and implementing compliance policies and procedures and delivering training to fee earners and other staff on best practices to remain compliant.
No two days are ever the same, and our client is looking for an exceptional candidate, who can think on their feet and be in the know with the ever changing rules and regulations stipulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
· As the newly appointed Compliance Officer/Manager, you will benefit from:
· A competitive starting salary plus comprehensive benefits package.
· Flexible and hybrid working
· The opportunity to work with and be a part of a technically excellent Risk and Compliance team.
· The chance to work for a Law Firm that puts employee welfare at the forefront of everything.
· Enhanced family leave and a cycle to work scheme
This is a newly created role and will involve working in close collaboration with the Head of Risk and Compliance who is also the firms COLP.
· Developing the firms regulations and compliance policies
· Undertaking file audits
· Implementing policies and procedures in line with the Solicitors Regulation Authority
· Reviewing reports and monitoring trends ·Working with the firm's wider compliance team including the MLRO, MLCO and COLP to draft and escalate required reports to the appropriate regulators.
· Supporting the COLP with the development and rollout of projects to promote awareness of risk and mitigate any potential threats or issues.
· ·Responding to compliance related queries and providing support, training and guidance across teams as and when needed.
If you are a Compliance Manager, Head of Compliance, or Risk & Compliance solicitor with varied experience and excellent communication skills, I'd love to hear from you. To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate a strong understanding of SRA standards and regulations, GDPR, best practices and AML Compliance. This role would be perfectly suited to someone with risk & compliance experience gained in a regulated environment, preferably a Law firm or a solicitor looking to move away from a fee-earning role. This role is available on either a full or part time basis and immediate starts are available for suitable candidates.
If you are interested in discussing the role, please contact Laura Baron at BCL Legal for further details and a full job specification. Please only apply for this opportunity if you have the requisite skills and experience.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like