6th February 2024
Are you an experienced and qualified commercial solicitor with experience in the financial services sector looking for a new challenge? This FS business has an already strong reputation in the market, a diverse range of companies within the group, and is looking to undertake a significant period of change and growth. The legal team will be a key part of that role.
As the Head of Legal (Commercial), you will be responsible for:
- Managing and developing a team of legal professionals, ensuring high standards of performance and compliance
- Advising on a wide range of legal matters, including commercial contracts, procurement, outsourcing, M&A projects, and regulatory issues
- Liaising with external counsel, regulators, and stakeholders, representing the building society's interests and reputation
- Developing and implementing legal policies, procedures, and best practices, ensuring alignment with the building society's vision, values, and objectives
- Keeping abreast of relevant legal developments and trends, providing proactive and timely guidance and training to the business
- Deputising for the General Counsel, where required representing on the Executive committee
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- to be a UK qualified solicitor with at least 10 years of post-qualification experience, preferably in the financial services sector
- possess Broad ranging commercial contracts, outsourcing and procurement experience, ideally with knowledge of the EBA requirements.
- have a proven track record of leading and managing a legal team, delivering high-quality and cost-effective legal services
- demonstrate excellent communication, negotiation, and influencing skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- have a strategic and commercial mindset, with the ability to balance legal risks and business opportunities
There is an excellent remuneration package on offer, including strong basic salary, car allowance, good bonus and pension. They operate a hybrid working model so applicants from both Manchester and Leeds might find this a suitable role
Please note: this project will conclude quickly, so if you might be interested please do get in contact without delay.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.