- Job Search
- Employment Associate
5th February 2024
Employment Associate 2+ PQE - Leeds
A growing national firm is looking for an Employment Associate to join their ambitious employment litigation team based in Leeds. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of interesting employment matters, as part of a friendly and supportive team.
Our client is a specialist litigation and commercial firm with innovation at its core. The firm have won awards for their market-leading approach to the law, which enables them to really benefit their clients. They are committed to helping you achieve your ambitions and develop personally and professionally. If you're looking to build a long-term career learning from other talented and experienced pioneers, this firm will have everything you're looking for.
As an Associate in the highly-regarded employment litigation team, you will work autonomously and as part of a team, gaining exposure in a wide range of interesting and often complex employment matters.
Main duties will include:
· Advising, representing and supporting clients over a range of Employment disciplines including but not limited to: Unfair dismissal, Discrimination, TUPE and Whistleblowing.
· Communicating effectively with clients and all relevant third parties including opponents, the Court, Counsel etc.
· Working within an insurance funded litigation environment and considering matters of insurance policy coverage and providing claims handling support to insurers.
· Conduct of claims within the relevant legal framework: civil court, employment tribunal, criminal court, regulatory etc.
· Working across the business supporting the delivery of complete, accurate and timely legal services on all Employment matters.
· Qualified Solicitor with minimum 2 years' PQE.
· Demonstrable experience of dealing with a varied employment caseload.
· Experience of working in an established employment team.
· Working knowledge of Have working knowledge of IT systems such as Word, Outlook, case management systems (ideally proclaim) and digital dictation systems.
· Be able to show strong ability to work on own initiative, whilst also being a strong team player.
· Advocacy experience i.e. tribunals, preliminary and final hearings.
What's on offer:
The firm offer a competitive starting salary from £45k upwards depending on experience.
Other benefits include:
- Agile working
- Private Pension
- Private medical insurance
- Company sick pay
- Company maternity and paternity pay
- Group income protection
- MIP scheme
- Death in service benefit 4x salary
- EAP scheme, 25 holidays per year plus bank holidays
- 35 hour working week
- Social events and charity fundraising initiatives.
If this sounds like your ideal opportunity and you would like to hear more about this role, please contact email@example.com to arrange a confidential chat.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Placing People in Companies Like