Movers & Shakers: North East
- DWF has made a number of partner promotions including Jonathan Smith (commercial litigation).
- Womble Bond Dickinson has made a number of promotions to managing associate and associate including Kelly Beattie (corporate and commercial), Sarah Daun (corporate and commercial), Yvonne Ramsey (dispute resolution) and Elizabeth Earle (private wealth) who have all been made managing associates. Meanwhile, Kate Ashworth (real estate) has been promoted to associate.
- Mincoffs has announced a number of promotions. Dispute resolution and employment solicitor Robyn Shepherd, corporate solicitor Chris Hughes, and commercial property solicitor Keith Ravenhill have been promoted to associate solicitor.
- Square One Law has appointed Adrian Hill as joint head of the property team.
- Newtons Solicitors have welcomed Insolvency specialist Andrew Cawkwell and senior solicitor James McEwen.
- Cartwright King has made a number of senior promotions, including Victoria Burrows, associate.
- Archers Law has appointed Rachel List as executive associate, a new role for employees of the firm.
- Katie Cummings has joined the commercial property team at Gordon Brown.
- Tilly Bailey & Irvine has announced the appointment of Carolyn Tilly as managing partner in succession to John Hall who has spent ten years in the role.
- Mincoffs has announced a number of appointments. Solicitor Victoria Richer joins the wills and probate team. Recently qualified legal executive Louise Peacock also joins the team. Newly qualified solicitor Daniel Bell has joined the corporate team after recently completing his training contract with the firm.
- Peter Millican Law has appointed Ricky Handa as a member of the commercial property team.
- Tilly Bailey & Irvine has appointed chartered legal executive Wendy Beacom to the firm’s family law team.
- Cristina Falzon has joined the commercial litigation team at Watson Burton and will be undertaking a range of legal work across areas including property litigation, commercial disputes, data theft and fraud.
- Archers Law has appointed associate solicitor Jonathan Wall as its new head of residential property services.
- Swinburne Maddison solicitors has welcomed solicitor Scott Cable to its litigation team.
- Associate solicitor Giles McCourt has joined the commercial property team at Muckle LLP.
- Rebecca Noble has qualified into the commercial litigation team at Watson Burton.
- Shoosmiths has appointed James Foster and Philip Goldsborough as corporate partners.
- William Kaye has joined Langleys Solicitors to lead the family law unit.
- Schofield Sweeney has promoted Manjit Virdee and John Feaster to partner.
- Shoosmiths has appointed Natalie Hager as a solicitor in the corporate team.
- Hempsons has promoted Chloe Davies to associate in the firm’s healthcare litigation team.
- Langleys Solicitors has appointed Oliver King in its corporate team.
- LCF Law has appointed solicitor Harjit Rait to the firm where she will lead the family team.
- Berwins Solicitors has appointed litigation solicitor Andrew Mawdsley to the firm.
- Clarion Solicitors has welcomed Alex Birch as a senior associate.
- Taylor & Emmet has appointed solicitor Adam Hollis to its commercial litigation team.
- Family law specialist Wendy Campbell has joined Jordans Solicitors.
- Jane Ingleby has joined the family team at Clarion Solicitors as a legal director.
- Langleys Solicitors has announced a number of promotions: Tom Spring is promoted to associate in the casualty team; Sarah Dalton, in the insurance law division’s public sector unit, and James Bradley from the commercial property team are promoted to senior associates.
- David Scott has been appointed as a senior associate in the employment team at Hethertons.
- Eversheds Sutherland (International) has welcomed new pensions partner Anthea Whitton.
- Walker Morris has expanded its planning and environment legal team with the appointment of Alison Ogley as partner.
- Property lawyer Satinder Mander has joined Lupton Fawcett as a senior solicitor.
- Jennifer Walker has joined Graysons as head of the firm’s employment law department.
- Jessica Brain has qualified into the commercial litigation team at Watson Burton.
- Ware & Kay has appointed Jacky Burton to its commercial department as a commercial property solicitor.
- Bryony Shaw has joined the commercial property team at Taylor & Emmet.
- Clarion Solicitors has appointed Kayleigh Fantoni as an associate in the commercial dispute resolution and litigation team.
- Sophie Morley has joined the property team at Clarion Solicitors as a legal director.
- Close Thornton has appointed Sue Alexander and Dermot Winters as partners.
- Ward Hadaway has promoted several lawyers to the position of associate: Nick Gholkar works in the firm’s property department; commercial litigation specialist Ashleigh Lavender acts on a range of matters including contractual disputes; and construction lawyer Neil Williamson advises both private and public sector clients.
- Muckle LLP has appointed senior associate Deborah Lazenby and associate Jennifer Pearson to its real estate team.
- The Court of Protection team at BHP Law has been joined by Lois Lloyd.
- Gordon Brown has promoted Louise Ottaway to associate in the residential conveyancing team.
- Smith & Graham Solicitors has welcomed Daniel Clark as a solicitor in its family team.
- Clyde & Co has hired a two-partner marine team. Stephen Mackin and Jessica Maitra join as partners.
- Muckle LLP has promoted three new partners: Jess Swindells, Joanne Davison and James Armstrong.
- Smith & Graham has announced that David Smith has been made a salaried partner.
- Helen Brain has joined Square One Law as a partner in its corporate commercial team.
- Muckle LLP has promoted Stephanie Coulson (commercial), Lisa Kelly (employment), Richard Nixon and Julie Adams (real estate) to associate, and Jennifer Hirst (corporate), to senior associate.
- Gordon Sewell has joined the civil litigation team at Williamsons solicitors.
- Hay & Kilner has appointed Kris English as an associate solicitor. Meanwhile, Charlotte Barker has joined the firm as a paralegal.
- DAC Beachcroft has made a number of partner promotions including Stephen McLellan (construction & insurance).
- Bond Dickinson has announced a number of senior promotions. Caroline Churchill has been promoted to commercial partner. Tom Willows has been promoted to real estate partner.
- Sintons has recruited John Davis as a personal injury consultant.
- Square One Law has appointed Sarah Lisgo as an associate in the corporate commercial team.
- Archers Law has promoted Zoe Tansley and Vicky Browning to partner status.
- A new law firm, McGee McGee Agar Law, has welcomed three partners. They are: Andrew McGee, a criminal specialist who oversees the police station and magistrates department, Paul McGee, who oversees the family department, and Matthew Agar, who oversees the Crown Court department.
- Ward Hadaway has appointed Mitch Brown, a housing development, delivery and investment specialist, as a consultant.
- Square One Law has appointed Rachael Cooper and Ross Gordon as associates in the litigation team.
- Mincoffs has announced that Leanne Kettlewell has joined its commercial property team after training and qualifying as a solicitor with the firm.
- Hay & Kilner has appointed solicitor Rachael Leathley in its private client team and solicitor Sara Malik to its commercial disputes team.
- Graham Tyler has joined BHP Law. He deals with all commercial and civil dispute cases.
- Sintons has promoted Anna Barton, Jane Meikle and Tom Wills to partners in the firm.
- Joanne McHale-Young has qualified as a solicitor into the employment team at Archers Law.
- BHP Law has been joined by family law specialist Michael Harrison.
- Watson Burton has been joined by Shona Morton, an employment and commercial litigation specialist.
- Solicitor Aimee Husband has joined Core Legal. Husband specialises in all aspects of residential conveyancing.
- Aman Sehgal, an insolvency specialist, has joined Keystone Law.
- Mincoffs has appointed Rachel Smith as a solicitor in the family team.
- BHP Law has appointed Mark Clayton as an associate and Ira Ghosh as a legal executive in the commercial property team.
- Gavin Cochrane has joined Smith & Graham as a solicitor in the family department.
- Sintons Solicitors has appointed Chris Jackson as an associate. He has extensive experience of non-contentious commercial property work, and has worked for investors and large corporations.
- EMG Solicitors has appointed Julia Middleton as an associate solicitor in the family team.
- Latimer Hinks has announced the promotion of residential property lawyer Martin Williamson and commercial property solicitor Adam Wood to director.
- Watson Burton has appointed Adam Dymock as a solicitor in its professional indemnity insurance department.
- Jacksons has appointed solicitor Emma Canham to its family law team.
- Hay & Kilner has appointed Chris Anderson as a member of the commercial property team.
- Latimer Hinks has launched a farms and estates team which will be led by the firm’s chief executive Anne Elliott.
- Square One Law has appointed Simon Loy, an international employment lawyer, as a partner.
- Paul Illes, a residential property specialist, has been promoted to partner at Hay & Kilner.
- Clarke Mairs LLP has promoted two new partners: Rachel Swinburne is a private client solicitor and Katy Rushworth who specialises in leasehold enfranchisement.
- Silk Family Law has appointed solicitor Katie Machin to the family law team.
- Mincoffs has made two partner appointments. Peter Robinson joins the corporate team and Malcolm Wood has joined the commercial property team.
- Punch Robson has appointed Elaine McLaine-Wood as managing partner.
- Watson Burton has appointed Emma Jackson as a new solicitor in the corporate department.