Movers & Shakers: North East
- Leigh Day has opened an office in Newcastle which will specialise in advising people with asbestos-related illnesses
- Katherine Calder has joined DAC Beachcroft’s public law & health projects team as a partner
- Burnetts solicitors has announced that Paul Brown (medical negligence and serious injury), Sharon Dunstan (residential conveyancing) and Megan Richardson (agribusiness and commercial property) have been promoted to senior associates
- Burnetts solicitors has also announced that Winter Addis (wills, trusts and probate), Sophie Allinson (employment and HR), Emma Armstrong (family) and Georgina Nicholls (dispute resolution) have been promoted to associates
- Keeley Edmondson has joined Ward Hadaway’s built environment team, based at the firm’s office in Newcastle
- Tilly Bailey & Irvine has announced a number of promotions: Wendy Beacom; head of private family law, to partner, Leanne Fryer; a member of the public family law team, to senior associate and Shamin Ali (private family law), Lisa Harrison and Natalie Flounders (both public family law), Sylvia Taylor (medical negligence and personal injury), Laura Zielinski (conveyancing), and Michael Stevens (corporate) to associate.