Movers & Shakers: Midlands
Rothera Sharp Solicitors has named Christina Yardley, previously the firm’s business development partner, as its new chief executive officer.
Fraser Brown has appointed Erin Vickers as a partner in the commercial property department based in the Nottingham office.
Squire Patton Boggs has announced that it has appointed senior lawyers Kevin Nagle, Amar Iqbal and Katherine Daud to its real estate team in Birmingham.
Peter Wilding, a corporate lawyer specialising in EU law and former EU media and policy director for the Conservative Party, has joined FBC Manby Bowdler as its Brexit adviser.
Parkinson Wright, a QualitySolicitors firm, has appointed child care solicitor Aimée Baker to its family law team.
Ringrose Law Group has announced that David Heath, formerly head of the wills and probate department, has been promoted to operations director at the firm.
Spire Solicitors has promoted Kristian Tangen-Sorgendal to head of marketing.
Irwin Mitchell has appointed Emma Callow as a partner in the corporate team in Birmingham.
Gateley plc has appointed partner Belinda Laurance to its residential development team.
Emms Gilmore Liberson has welcomed partner Jonathan Wright.
Lewis Nedas has promoted Richard Demczak to partner in the Oxford office.
Nelsons has expanded its banking and finance offering with a specialist dispute resolution team, now based in Leicester.
Howes Percival has appointed Nick Benton as an associate in the employment law team based in Leicester.
Andrew Jackson has announced that family lawyer Natasha Kemish has been awarded accreditation from the Family Mediation Council having successfully passed the mediation foundation training and subsequent accreditation process.
Barker Gotelee has welcomed Liz Gifford as an associate. Her background is in charity law.
Ansons Solicitors has welcomed chartered legal executive Louise Saha to its residential conveyancing team.
Emms Gilmore Liberson has appointed Paul Pinder as a director in the property litigation team.
Birketts has announced the appointment of Beverley Bell CBE, Chris Taylor and Dean King as self-employed consultants in the firm’s regulatory and corporate defence team.
Hegarty Solicitors has announced the appointment of Karon Walton as head of the Court of Protection department.
Jonathan Edwards and Sarah Husbands, of Hatchers Solicitors, have recently become affiliate members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
Leathes Prior has appointed Lucy Chambers as an associate in the agriculture team.
Ashtons Legal has welcomed two new solicitors to its personal injury team: Mick Upton joins as a senior associate along with Sarah Barratt who recently qualified as a solicitor having undertaken her training contract with the firm.
Ellis-Fermor & Negus has welcomed Jackie Abbott as head of the commercial property department in the Belper office.
- Howes Percival has made three senior appointments in its Leicester office. They are corporate lawyers Jahid Ali and Oliver Brookshaw and banking and finance specialist Haydon Simmonds.
- Wilkin Chapman has promoted Oliver Tasker to partner. Tasker joined the firm in 2013 and leads the employment and HR team in Lincoln.
- The Leicester office of Gateley has expanded its service offering with the introduction of two new teams; construction & engineering and commerce, technology & media (CTM). They are headed up by new partners Piet van Gelder and John Buckby.
- Greene & Greene has appointed Ansa Khan and Greg Jones as partners.
- George Green has announced the appointment of Beverley Smith as a partner in its employment law team.
- Wright Hassall has appointed Joel Woolf as a partner in the agriculture team.
- BLM has appointed Jason Potter as head of fraud operations. It has also announced that partner Adrian Marston has been appointed to the firm’s casualty practice.
- Nelsons has welcomed Chris Rees back to the firm as a partner in its corporate team.
- Slater and Gordon is expanding its Birmingham office to include a new family law team. The team will be headed by Joanne Green.
- Lodders has appointed commercial property specialist Ian Yarde as a senior associate in the firm’s real estate practice.
- Wright Hassall has appointed Jon Clifford as head of rural disputes.
- Lime Solicitors, the personal injury arm of Shakespeare Martineau, has expanded its personal injury team with the appointment of associate Vicky Blodwell.
- Helen Carey, a commercial disputes specialist, has joined the commercial law department at JMP Solicitors.
- The Leicester office of Nelsons has welcomed solicitor Victoria Sheldon to the firm. She joins the clinical negligence department.
- Real estate partner Simon Boss is the new chief executive of Shoosmiths.
- Browne Jacobson has expanded its public sector insurance litigation practice team with the appointment of partner Cynthia Watts. She joins the firm’s Birmingham office.
- Hélène Maillet-Vioud, a commercial property lawyer, has joined Geldards as a partner in the real estate time and is based in the Nottingham office.
- Clarke Willmott has appointed Hannah Bridgwood as an associate in the Birmingham family team.
- Harrison Clark Rickerbys has welcomed tax barrister Sarah Woodall to the firm.
- Shakespeare Martineau has announced a number of senior promotions. Promoted to legal director in the firm’s real estate teams are Samantha Clancy in Birmingham and Hannah Alexander in Stratford.
- Spratt Endicott Solicitors has appointed Jennie Loynes as a solicitor in the agriculture & estates department.
- Duncan Lewis Solicitors has appointed Lorick Winarskie as housing director based in the Birmingham office.
- Fraser Dawbarns has appointed Marcus Chapman as a solicitor. He specialises in civil law and has a wide range of experience including personal injury and commercial litigation cases.