Movers & Shakers: North East
- Gordon Brown has promoted property litigation specialist James Godden to the role of partner.
- Archers Law has appointed Kenton Bazeley as partner and head of litigation.
- Ward Hadaway has welcomed back Frank Orr, a planning, compulsory purchase and regeneration specialist.
- Archers Law has appointed litigation solicitor Helen Lyne.
- Wilkin Chapman has welcomed Paul Bowden to the partnership.
- DWF has appointed Alexander Rose as legal director in its EU/Competition team.
- Watson Burton has recruited solicitor Nick Gray to the firm’s corporate team.
- Mincoffs has appointed Angela Tiffen as a conveyancer in the residential property team.
- Family law solicitor Kirsty Nelson has joined Watson Woodhouse’s Darlington office.
- Square One Law has welcomed commercial litigator Vicky Lowrie as a senior associate and property lawyer Andrew Foster as an associate.
- Short Richardson & Forth has appointed Mark Stephenson as a partner in its commercial property team.
- The Endeavour Partnership has appointed Deborah Kirtley as a partner and head of the banking team.
- Collingwood Legal has appointed Helen Scott as an associate solicitor.
- BHP Law has appointed Amanda Adeola as an associate in the family law team.
- Womble Bond Dickinson has hired competition lawyer Angelene Duke in its corporate and commercial services team in Newcastle.
- Tilly Bailey & Irvine has promoted Sara Garnett to partner in the commercial property department.
- Private client specialist Mike Cattermole has joined the wills and probate team at Sintons.
- Muckle LLP has promoted Kelly Jordan to partner.
- Square One Law has announced the promotion of corporate lawyer Charlie Fielding to partner.
- Square One Law has announced the opening of a new office in Tees Valley, located on Stockton’s riverside, on 4 June 2018.
- Burnetts solicitors has welcome Michelle Armstrong as an associate solicitor
- Hay & Kilner has appointed Elaine Magnani and Jack Birks as head of business development and marketing
- Macnabs has opened an office in Aberuthven which will be led by Ruth Croman
- Raeburn Christie Clark & Wallace has welcomed Sarah-Louise Hay to the firm as a mortgage advisor
- Louise Ball has joined the banking and finance team at Shepherd and Wedderburn as a senior associate
- Ward Hadaway has promoted Steven Roper to partner
- Square One Law has appointed Mark Lazenby as head of corporate.
- Ward Hadaway has promoted a number of lawyers to associate solicitors. Robert Eldon (commercial litigation); Clare French (corporate); Mark McKeever (employment); Rosemary Moore (banking and finance); Kirsty Smith (property litigation); and Karen Taylor.
- Employment solicitor Sharney Randhawa has joined Swinburne Maddison Solicitors.
- Muckle LLP has appointed property litigation lawyer Sarah Barratt to the real estate dispute resolution team.
- Hay & Kilner has appointed Emma Etherington as a senior paralegal in the private client team.
- Latimer Hinks has appointed Lisa Stronach as a conveyancing executive.
- Bromets Solicitors has appointed Mark Clayton as a senior property solicitor.
- Jacksons Law has appointed Andrea Hanna who is a residential conveyancing specialist.
- Archers Law has promoted Lucy Adams to executive associate.
- Ward Hadaway has announced that corporate lawyer Martin Hulls has been appointed as managing partner.
- Mincoffs has promoted wills and probate specialist Louise Miller to partner.
- Tilly Bailey & Irvine has appointed partner Nigel Broadbent to its commercial disputes team.
- Mincoffs has appointed specialist IT solicitor David Cox to the commercial team as an associate.
- PG Legal has appointed Chris Ward as a director.
- DAC Beachcroft has elected Newcastle location head David Weatherburn as an LLP group board member.
- The Endeavour Partnership has appointed Nigel Williams as a partner in the corporate department.
- Keystone Law has appointed property lawyer Joe Haigh to its Newcastle team.
- Archers Law has appointed solicitor Rachel List as head of commercial property.
- Ward Hadaway has appointed Steven McNicol as its new strategic business development partner.
- Muckle LLP has appointed David Towns as a partner and head of its new agriculture, estates and rural property team.
- BHP Law has appointed Leanne Nash to lead its relaunched corporate and commercial service.
- Gordon Brown has welcomed solicitor Paul Lott to its employment team.
- BBM Solicitors has appointed Frank McMorrow as a non-executive adviser to the board of the firm.
- Miller Hendry has promoted Leann Brown to associate.
- Sintons has made a number of recent senior appointments including solicitors Luke Philpott and Louise Weatherhead.
- DAC Beachcroft has appointed residential property specialist Duncan Fisher as a partner.
- Sintons has promoted two of its lawyers to partners at the firm: employment lawyer Donna Anderson and Alex Rayner who is head of construction and engineering.
- Tilly Bailey & Irvine has appointed two partners to its commercial property team. They are Gareth Jones and Joanne Cowie.
- Womble Bond Dickinson has hired consultant Nick On to support its real estate sector team.
- BHP Law has expanded its Court of Protection team with the appointment of Diane Davison.
- Sintons has appointed Chloe Dinsdale as a senior associate in its healthcare team.
- David Ferguson has joined Sintons real estate finance team.
- Latimer Hinks has appointed Luke Bushbridge as a solicitor in its private client team.
- Wilkin Chapman has welcomed solicitor Christina Sledmore to its Beverley office.
- Hewitts Solicitors has promoted commercial property solicitor Ian Gibson to partner.
- Watson Burton has appointed Marc Allison as a partner in its corporate team.
- Wilkin Chapman has announced two new partners Joshua Briggs and Steve Hennegan.
- Gordon Brown Law Firm LLP has welcomed Guy Barr to the firm as an associate solicitor.